Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those with Bose and a sub (and anyone else too)

Parrot is an add-on. I've seen the Alpines, but they require an additional accessory for bluetooth. Also, they don't have nav unless you get a retractable screen model.

I haven't seen the pioneers...

i currently have HK traffic pro installed in my C36 with Bose. i love it. everything was plugnplay, same harness. navigation is great, helped me many times ( i wish they would have newer map cds though).
    has RCA out for subs and u can control them separetely. you can integrate your ipod. also has RDS so it displays station names. basically a step up from regular mb radio.

which model do you have - is it a newer or older one? where did you get it and how much did you pay??

i got it brand new for 380$ i think. its the model with flip down face.

where and when did you buy it? is it a european model?

as far as I know, these aren't available any longer...

i bought it like a year ago on ebay. its full US model with US maps.
    i am thinking of getting pioneer flipout screen AVIC but i dont know how well it would integrate with bose so i kind was holding off otherwise i might sell my unit

Crutchfield used to sell the traffic pro, but had a hard time keeping them in stock it seemed, especially when they put them on clearance for like $350 iirc. That was a year ago though, and I missed my window on it. I think a few from this board picked them up. I believe... though I haven't checked in a few months that you can still buy them direct from HK, and there was a MB face plate you could fit on it for the 'factory' look. They were $$$ from HK though. I think they even updated the Nav discs as well? There was a thread on here about it I found while searching a while back.
    1998 C280(stock), 2000 Honda Prelude(project), 1996 Explorer(180k miles still truckin)

Tried something new awhile ago while I had my door panel off. For those with Bose and if ur looking for more Midrange sound from the front, BLOCK the port in the speaker enclosures.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

i see its been a while for this post so i dont know if i'll get responses but im thinking about getting a 12" Diamond sub from a friend running 800 watt rms. for audio my car is 100% stock so will this sub work well with the Bose and stock HU or will i have to upgrade to an aftermarket HU.

Also from what i have read in this thread it sounds like blowing the speakers is not really a problem right?
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

running 800 watts rms? what amp are you referring too? i know some newer amps like the alpine PDX series like the PDX1000 will run 1000 watts RMS into 4 or 2 ohms.and they are tiny. what series of diamond sub does he have?
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

well i changed my mind and found some one who has a JL audio W3. I think the 800watts might be too much lol
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710