Thread: A little help with my rim situation brabus 18's

A little help with my rim situation brabus 18's

I have brabus IV 18 x 8.5, all 4 rims the same, i just wanted to make sure that they will fit on my 1999 c230k sport. I think they will, and i have several threads people saying that that size should be ok. The tires i have are Pirelli P Zero 225/40/R18 for the front and 245/40/R18 for the rear. I'm pretty confident the rear will fit just curious about the front end. Any help or feedback would help....

Small update, the offset is 35m on the rims....thanks guys...

OG Moderator
    Im pretty sure thats about right.
    what are the wheel offsets?.. but sound like they will fit no problem.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

yeah should fit no problem...lots of 202ers run that setup
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Am i looking at any scraping when full turn? also, i wont need spacers or anything, right....

you should be able to fit w/o any problems but that's the wrong size tire for the rears. your speedo will be slightly off!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

Ideally, you would want 255/35/18. Your speedo will read about 2.8% too slow, so when it reads out 60, you'll actually be going 61.7 mph.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Is your car lowered? You MIGHT run into the slightest of rubbing problems in the front if you've got lowering springs, but nothing to worry about. That's the setup I run in the front and I rub every now and then against the inner fender wall when hitting an incline to quickly at close to full steering lock. It wouldn't be a problem though if I drove like the average person!
    \'06 325i: Black Sapphire Metallic w/Terra Leather
    6spd Manual, Sport Package
    Black Grill, OEM Blackline Taillights, Black/White Roundels

Sold:
    \'97 C230: Brilliant Silver w/ Grey MB Tex: Reich Rocket
    Brabus, Vogtland, Bilstein, Bosch, JVC, MTX
    2006 Spring Bash, Lawton, OK: 1st Place Euro Street
    CarDomain Site
    \'88 420SEL: Smoke Silver w/ Red Leather: Big Pimpin\'
    AMG, eXcelon, Fosgate, MTX

I tried to run 18X8.5 twin spoke amg rims with a 35mm offset on my 2000 c230 and they rubbed on the top of the shock. The tires were the same size as yours also.

Could it be because of my stock sport suspension?

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    I tried to run 18X8.5 twin spoke amg rims with a 35mm offset on my 2000 c230 and they rubbed on the top of the shock. The tires were the same size as yours also.

Could it be because of my stock sport suspension?
    you had 225 size tires and it rubbed? Are you sure the offset was et35 mm
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Hey all thanks for all the tips, i tried to put on my rims today and i ran into a couple of snags.

Is it ok if the wheel doesnt sit flush when you insert it prior to putting the lugs on. the stock wheels are snug and dont have any space, but the brabus do, will that affect anything? it seems the center hole is wider on the brabus, they dont slide into the slot, they're a little oversized. I was told it wont make a difference but just checking

Second, when putting in the rear wheels, it seems my stock lugs are too long because there was a slight scraping sound, the guy said that was the lug touching the parking break..

Should i get spacers 5mm for the back or just shorter lugs.....thanks guys....

Yes, the fronts will be a problem. You need hub spacers or they will vibrate at highway speeds. These can be found at purems.com or directly from Brabus in CA, but I can't recall the correct size. I know someone here can tell you outer diameter (OD) of the hub, but I'm not sure of the inner diameter (ID) of the Brabus wheels. You can try calling Brabus to find out the ID, but good luck; when I called them I got some moron who told me the ID was smaller than the OD of the hub. You're other option is to find a wheel shop in your area that carries hub spacers (good luck).

For the rear, you WILL need shorter bolts, don't try to drive with the stock ones. You can either cut or grind down the stock ones a couple threads (that's what I did), or you can find shorter ones. You need to make sure you have at least 5 or 6 threads going into the hub, or they could fall off.
    \'06 325i: Black Sapphire Metallic w/Terra Leather
    6spd Manual, Sport Package
    Black Grill, OEM Blackline Taillights, Black/White Roundels

Sold:
    \'97 C230: Brilliant Silver w/ Grey MB Tex: Reich Rocket
    Brabus, Vogtland, Bilstein, Bosch, JVC, MTX
    2006 Spring Bash, Lawton, OK: 1st Place Euro Street
    CarDomain Site
    \'88 420SEL: Smoke Silver w/ Red Leather: Big Pimpin\'
    AMG, eXcelon, Fosgate, MTX

when you say hub spacer you mean your normal spacers like a 5mm? or is the hub spacer just used for the center fitment issue?

what if i just used a spacer to fit the rim say like a 5mm, will it still be ok for scraping and turn issues?

18x8.5 35et 225/40/18 in thr front with 5mm spacer, probably longer lug?

you have the old school brabus design on the hub. you will need the Brabus plastic or aluminum centering rings to make them hubcentric. The old school brabus spacers will also work and make your wheels hubcentric. I would try to get the centering rings for the fronts and get 5-10mm brabus spacers for the rears. I had these wheels on my car along time ago, IIRC, i used a 10-15mm spacer for the rear as the 8.5" is kind of sunken in.
    Uber 202

Yeah , i am ordering the rings from a brabus distributor near me, and a new set of lugs for the rear. I do have 10mm spacers for the rims but i dont want to put them on the back for fear of rubbing the fenders. One week away from finalizing this whole thing woo hoo!

Originally posted by jnolte
    you had 225 size tires and it rubbed? Are you sure the offset was et35 mm
    It might have been 37... I wasnt sure. So 35 will not have any problems..right?

It's 2mm difference. You should be fine.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    It might have been 37... I wasnt sure. So 35 will not have any problems..right?
    35 is wider looking than 37. w202's accept 35 to 42 offsets.

i got the same set up on my c43, lowered with hnr sports, my fronts rub at turns and i have rolled fenders... same tire sizes too as ur specs... once the tires wear down, they will be fine (i jus got new tires)

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    35 is wider looking than 37. w202's accept 35 to 42 offsets.
    W202's can really go from 31 to 37. 42 would be kinda pushing it in my opinion as this is the offset of the stock W220 wheels (correct me if i'm wrong)! you are just asking for the inner side of the wheel/tire to rub against the upper ball joint nut...

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009