Thread: Please help me.

Please help me.

I bought 99 C280 two months ago and found out the passenger side front fender is not the original one. The 19" wheel with 40mm offset is almost flush with the passenger side front fender but the other side is fine. Anyone has an idea what I should do with the fender? How much it cost if I put new fender from dealer?

try a used fender from a recycling/wrecking yard and save hella $

Are you sure that you don't have a staggered set of wheels and have a rear in the front?

Originally posted by ezbrown
    Are you sure that you don't have a staggered set of wheels and have a rear in the front?
    It's not staggered. all rims are same 19x8.5. I believe the problem is passenger side front fender.

I know that there are some guys on here that know of some wrecking yards that can get a fender for you, unfortunatly I don't ... do a search and you may find something here. I know that I have read over some post that list good sources. You may also want to consider going to a good collision repair shop and get an expert opinion because if there is other unseen damage that was not repaired correctly if you did get a replacement fender you may find that something may not line up correctly. A reputable shop should at least give you a visual inspection at no cost.

Originally posted by ezbrown
    I know that there are some guys on here that know of some wrecking yards that can get a fender for you, unfortunatly I don't ... do a search and you may find something here. I know that I have read over some post that list good sources. You may also want to consider going to a good collision repair shop and get an expert opinion because if there is other unseen damage that was not repaired correctly if you did get a replacement fender you may find that something may not line up correctly. A reputable shop should at least give you a visual inspection at no cost.
    Thank you for your advice.