Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dash Removal Guide, Center Air Vent Solution, How to find Vacuum Leak, 148 pics

I noticed that too after I talked to you. I dont know why that happens so far, havnt had time to look at it yet. We live in Florida so I'm thinking it doesnt matter for us. What I'll have my wife do is just close the center vents when she needs heat. I drove the car the other day during our brief cold weather here that we call winter, and while its true heat doesnt come from the center, the interior still got plenty hot. I think closing the center vents with the wheel on the front would speed that up if it was needed.

Sorry for your problem, I did warn you I'm just a hack and not a pro. If this really bugs you, obviously one of those levers we turned is the cause, and you could try turning one or the other one to see which it is. Since you were able to remove the vacuum dashpots entirely, you could buy a replacement for one or both and get that feature back. As for me, I'm going to leave it as is in our car.
    1994 C280, my own private hell.

Originally posted by nick_nolastname
    I noticed that too after I talked to you. I dont know why that happens so far, havnt had time to look at it yet. We live in Florida so I'm thinking it doesnt matter for us. What I'll have my wife do is just close the center vents when she needs heat. I drove the car the other day during our brief cold weather here that we call winter, and while its true heat doesnt come from the center, the interior still got plenty hot. I think closing the center vents with the wheel on the front would speed that up if it was needed.

Sorry for your problem, I did warn you I'm just a hack and not a pro. If this really bugs you, obviously one of those levers we turned is the cause, and you could try turning one or the other one to see which it is. Since you were able to remove the vacuum dashpots entirely, you could buy a replacement for one or both and get that feature back. As for me, I'm going to leave it as is in our car.
    No worries Nick! I was just curious. I appreciate what you were able to do for all of us! :bunny:

Glad i found this thread!!!! OCKlasse this is the problem with my 96 c280. Good cold air outta the center vents and heat on the sides!! What did you come up with to cure this prob. I have done some of the mentioned items in this thread but to no avail. I even disconnected the duo valve under the hood to lower the temp coming outta the side vents, that helped for about a 30degree reduction. But still didn't fix the vent prob.