Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will 18x8 ET 31 and 18x9 ET 35 fit my C43

sorry for confusion.
    245/40/18 are very large tires and would most likely rub on the inside guards quite a lot at the front.
    thats my understanding.

Originally posted by c280nz
    sorry for confusion.
    245/40/18 are very large tires and would most likely rub on the inside guards quite a lot at the front.
    thats my understanding.
    Run on the inside guards... I was worried about rubbing on the fenders on the outside...

oh ok, rolling fenders is an easy mod tho
    when i lowered my car it rubbed on the inside and the outside.
    And the outside rubbing was by far the easyiest fix, the inside required some sledgehammer action :-)
    -Logan-

Ideally the best tyre size is

225/40/18 Front
    255/35/18 on the rear.

That is what I am running and most others that I know in the UK. Combination works fine with no rubbing even when loaded.
    Better to try & fail than fail to try

MB ClubUK Forum

My Local Car Club

all you guys running the 225 front 255 rear how do you find the large rear tire effects handling. does such a large rear tire change your car to understeer more.
    I found that 225 front 235 rear gave pritty even to slight oversteer, but i would expect a larger rear tire would equate to more understeer.
    when i had 225 all round it had a bit snap oversteer with now 235 rear it is starting to even up, but i would expect with even wider you would get understeer.
    i am an oversteer fan and are debating this verse geting wider rear tires.
    (sorry for steeling post but sort on topic )
    -Logan-

hey i'm running 18" monos on my c43. 225/40/18 front 255/35/18 rear. no rubbing. i'm thinking about selling them and getting something lighter or maybe even going smaller. my car seemed to drive quicker w/ stock 17's.
    cfortythreezie