Finally...IT RUNS=)
But nothing ever goes off without a hitch in my world!...EVER=)

Was up pretty early moday morning,had alittle trouble sleeping that night,mostly about "have i wired it right","did the engine builders get timing correct","could the pistons have to large a clearance"...etc etc
Anyways the tow truck was ment to be here around 8.30,and it doesnt really help when they forget you and arrive at 10.30=),so it was almost lunch time before we arrived for the tune on the first day...and due to my late arrival dyno time wasnt going to happen till the following day....
So we spent the arvo getting info from the engine that the ECU would need to run...like how many teeth are on the magnetic pickup on the flywheel,and where the missing teeth were on the crank in relation to the hall effect cam sensor pickup...we were close to having to shift the cam tooth...ohh so lucky we didnt have too=)

Today we completed the base maps,did a final check and proceeded to start the engine...which looked more like it was on fire than anything else..lol,all the oils burnt off along with some of that flashy ceramic coating on the header...kinda wish i never tried so hard not to damage it on install!=)....
Apart from the masses of smoke flooding the building,the valve train sounded like it was being beaten with a thousand hammers...which it kinda was given the hydrolic lifters were compressed and in need of oil pressure to take up the play...this took around 20mins+ to stabilise!=),but once they took up play it all sounded smooth...thankfully=)

Soon after running the engine we shifted onto the dyno for further tuning and it wasnt long before we were seeing boost for the first time in waaay to long...however its never "that easy"...is it....

We have a situation at around 1800rpm WOT where the turbo produces great responce,but the engine isnt able to accept as much air as the turbo is producing..this results in compressor surge which is a rapid fluctuation in pressure which can easily destroy the compressor wheel and anything else it takes on the way...there is two ways we can fix this...either install a larger A/R turbine housing so that we dont get as much low down boost...or reduce the compressor size...so at the moment it looks like a "another" new turbine housing=)...

We also have a situation where the wastgate is not able to control boost after around 4000rpm and pressure rises at a steady rate to 15psi...this could be due to the wastegate being too small...or the wastgate piping being to restrictive...OR the turbine housing is just toooo small....so with some simple math i think we will upgrade to the larger turbine housing and go from there...changing wastgate size is truely a PITA...

The exhaust is alittle loud for this grandads liking but not too bad...will see how we go on road...
We had touble with cranking/starting all day...but managed to fix 5 mins before closeing...thats 5 mins after we slaughter my battery,lol...
the back left Work wheel is either bent or not sitting flat on the disk...this made for a bumpy dyno tune...will sort that out asap.

Im not to sure how we ended up with a few resonable dyno runs...kinda thought we'd be taking it very easy...and apparently we where....Soo on a shitty tune it ran just over 220kW's at the rear wheels...which for all those who just cant use kW's,its just shy of 300Hp...which with a conservative(?) 10% loss in transmission could be around 330Hp at the engine...pretty happy with that and its only early days!=)=)=)
no dyno graphs just yet as there stored on the comp...but will hopully get a print out tomorrow...
I got a video of one of the dyno runs..theres alot of background noise so its hard to hear...i'll join up to a host side and see what i can do.

At least the cooling and fuel systems didnt leak!...I spent all week fixing them and they weren't under pressure!!!...also totally forgot about idle control..need to sort that too along with all the christmas lights on the dash hmmm
Anyways will update more when we go back for more tuning and another turbine housing=)

Laters all,
Paul