Originally posted by Proven Guilty
ughhh that sucks! are you sure you're looking at piston rings? does the smoke ever dissapear after you warm up? if so, i think you may be right with the valve guides.. the chevy blocks will comsume oil from the valve guides leaking, and once it burns off, no harm no foul.

do you hear any piston slap at all if you cold start? i'm hopeing its only valve guides or rings, but dude that shit sucks.
Hey PG,
Excuse the late reply have been shifting house,+ havent had a net connection because of it...

its still blowing blue,each piston appares to have some oil on top of it..so it looks like the rings never bed in properly...its not blowing much and blows nothing under power or cruise so will order the larger turbine housing this week,remove the manifold and see if we can make the waste alittle more free flowing,sort out all other issues before we decide on opening her again!!
there is alittle piston slap when its cold,you can only just hear it.

heres one of the dyno runs,it wasnt the highest output we got,but it best shows whats going on...

Cheers all for the comments,will hopfully post up more when i know...its all in storage atm because we dont have a garage...need to get one asap

paul