Hi all

I just replaced the rear pads on my C180 after debating if it was worth the money... Drove it for four days and then this occured:

Which resulted in more of this:

So now that i had a hole punched in the side of one of the only two good tyres on this car, i need three more tyres, i may as well buy four because the spare was quite bald...

So now that im nudging 1,357,XXX klms, the car is looking quite tired, the bushings are all stuffed, the engine mounts have been stuffed for the past 200,000klms, the engine makes abit of noise, but the trans still shifts as beautifully as it did when i first drove this car at 792,000klms, and ive never had to touch the air con either. Still getting around 7.5ltrs/100klms and not using oil...

I really quite like this car, its just so damn reliable... The spare parts guys that used to work at the local Mercedes Benz dealer where i buy most parts were always telling me years ago i should just buy another one, they'd never seen another W202 go past 400,000klms, but at the same time they'd never seen one dead either!!

Four new tyres is as much as the car is worth... But id love to know just how far it will go before it simply wont go on...