Thread: Just bought a 2000 C200 Estate, need help with a few issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just bought a 2000 C200 Estate, need help with a few issues

I just bought a 2000 C200 Estate here in Australia and have a few issues I would like to fix. I have done a few searches but any advice on the following problems would be very much appreciated.

1) Headlining needs fixing. I have done this on other cars (BMW's) but this Mercedes looks a bit more difficult to get the headliner out. Is there any instructions for what needs to be removed and how to get it out for the estate?

2) Part of the rear seat is torn and I thought I might be able to just replace this part rather than the whole back seat base. It is the child booster seat part. Are they easy to replace? Can I find one from a sedan or does it have to be an estate?

3) Wiper stops part way up obscuring the driver's view (right hand drive). What is the usual cause of this? Clean the wiper motor tracks?

4) Needs some new interior parts: centre console box lid, rear passenger door handle/arm rest (just the vertical cover part), front door speaker cover. Any tricks to any of these?

5) My wife wants some front cup holders. I see there is a part from US cars that goes in the console. Are these easy to obtain and fit?

6) Temperature LED display missing a few segments. Is this something that can usually be fixed with some soldering and if so how do you get the instrument cluster out?

7) The driver's seat has a small tear. If I find a replacement will the seat from a sedan fit?

8) Do they have anchor points for child seats?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by johna; 05-23-2016 at 01:52 PM.