Shoot! I bought a set at full price, $75 per. They should offer me a respectable discount on the remaining bushings for the control arms once they are ready.

I bought a set of C43 control arms on ebay for $40 bucks plus shipping. Arms are fine but the bushings were shot. I left the arms and the polyurethane bushings with my mechanic. He will install them along with the control arm bushings from a 1980's 190E 16valve sport line model. These bushings are much better than the hollow OE bushings because they are solid. This info comes from Danny at MRP. I know I posted the part numbers for these bushings in the past but here they are again:

201 330 01 75 BUSHING KIT,LOWER CONTROL ARM 1 $92.00 $92.00

Price is from Phil at MercedesShop.com. Phil also said that the customers who installed these bushings report much tighter steering response and better handling. As soon as everything is installed on the car I will report back.

Ohh! that reminds me, I bought a set of OZ Superleggera's in 18 x 8 ET 35 from a guy in the MBCA club with 225 40 18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (apparently they are street legal track slicks not useful or safe in the rain at all). (I don't need the slicks if anyone is interested, let me know).

I got these rims because they are only 18 to 19 lbs each compared to the 26 to 27 lbs each for my 17" AMG monoblocks and 2-piece 5 spoke AMG rims. My question is:
what is the widest tire I can safely run on an 8" wide rim? 235 or 245? also
what is the best inexpensive 18" tire to get? I know a lot of you run Kuhmo's and the like, but I don't know the model numbers and the best place to buy them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks