Thread: Window switch?

Window switch?

My driver's side rear window will not roll up or down using either the center console or rear door switch. Through my searching it seems to be a common problem for the console switches to break. Before I buy a new(used) console switch panel my question is: could a bad console switch also make the rear door switch inop. Or should I be looking into the window regulator?

OG Moderator
    if the window wont go up or down with either the fornt or rear window switches.. then Id say its something else.
    can you hear the motor working at all?.. check your fuses?
    possibly a blown window motor.. broken regulator (but you should still hear the motor trying to work)
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

There is no motor noise. I would assume that a blown fuse would knock out more than a single window, but I'll check fuses anyways. It's sounding more like a motor or regulator.

OG Moderator
    another thing you can do is if you have a muti meter.. you can check for voltage at the motor plug.. remove the door panel, disconnect plug form window motor and check voltage while pressing the switch.
    also at the same time you can check the regulator.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    another thing you can do is if you have a muti meter.. you can check for voltage at the motor plug.. remove the door panel, disconnect plug form window motor and check voltage while pressing the switch.
    also at the same time you can check the regulator.
    This was the first thing on my list to do this weekend

Turned out to be the regulator. Swapped in a new one and works great now.

My passenger side window and driver side windows dont work anymore. where is the "regulator" located?