Thread: Rear deck port

Rear deck port

So i just am finishing up my new bomb ass trunk setup. (pics soon) and i cut the emergency box out to port. (increased bass 2 fold!) i know some have donw this any pics of the design of the piece you made to cover the hole up so it looks presentable. i have a few ideas but wanna see what others have done and how they were attached. thnks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

depends on how clean of a hole you cut. mine i stenciled out a perfectly round circle, and put weatherstrip style trim around the edge of the jagged metal so you can reach your hand into the trunk through the first aid kit latch without cutting your arm. costs like $.99 at a hardware store, and takes less than 10 seconds to install

the hole itself is not very visable from inside the trunk, so i honestly wouldn't worry about it. are you planning to upgrade the rear deck speakers for imagine? most people simply opted to remove those speaers rather than cut the hole like we did..

what i plan to do is to cut the box out and leave the lid in tact. Then i would cut the lid around the frame and either upholster it or put a fabric screen type thing over it.

but right now i'm trying to figure out why my trunk rattles like an ill-tempered rattlesnake. i would like to dynamat the shit out my trunk but i'm afraid that after all the effort, loose shit will still rattle.

that added with my front door speakers blown out and i wonder how i can even enjoy my music.......

i have found with my original system the biggest noise outside the trunk was resonating from the spare tire well (especially if you do not have a spare) what i did was remove the tire and took a hammer and just bang the livin crap outta it then get in jump up and down until it is completly ridgid. youll see how much give it has before you pound it out. then i used a sound deadener to line the well. this eliminated at least half of my rattle noises. if not more. my new system is almost double the bass and pressure so now i need to take the next step and sound proof the lid and rear area of the trunk cuz its goin crazy lol. but no spare well noise at all. o yeah i alos removed the emergency kit and filled the entire underneath or the rear deck with floded up towels. sounds ghetto but you cant see under there anyways and i have zero rear deck rattle also. imm almost ratlle free just a lill more to go. =)
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

hmmmm....i would consider a FG rear deck with ports, and maybe house a pair of 8s.

i'm completely obsessed with the idea of mixing 8s and 12s, rather than 2 10s. I love clean tight bass, and i listen to a lot of slumpin' rap, bouncy reggae, and kickin' rock. So I need a diverse bass setup.

only problem is a FG rear deck is quite a committment.