Thread: moving radio

Question moving radio

I want to install a motorized 7 in screen in my car. The problem is i want it to be nice and high and put it where the stock radio is. I stall want to keep the stock radio though. I want to no if it is possible to move the raio to where the casset. holder is?
    Exterior mods:
    Clear corner
    Flat Hood Badge
    S-Class Style Grill
    Brabus VI replicas
    Rieger front lip

Interior mods:
    Sony BT-2500 Headunit
    Polk 5.25\" front doors
    Polk 4\" Back doors
    760W Pioneer Amp
    2 12\" subs

Simple answer, no. Complex answer, yes, but... Toy would have to fab something up to recive the stock HU into the cubb, as i like to call it. that in itself isnt to bad, just would take a good chunk of time to get it to work right. also, ig you want a smooth slick look, you would have to make or have made a custom dash so it just doesnt end and look the like the stock HU fell off. Just drop the 7inch Hu with all the features of the stock HU and just use the right adapter to teh stock hardness and you can drop it back whenever you may need. Here is a pic of a Z with the same kind of idea you have.
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

well, can't u just put the aircon unit in the place of the cubbyhole and put the LCD there?
    basically u just take the cubbyhole out, cut the top rear half of it out, put the aircon in it, then u mount the cubbyhole back.
    i used to have my HU there for a while until i put a new cubby back to keep my ipod and other things. it works, but the problem is that the unit was deep so the fitment was tight. i would expect the aircon is not as deep so it shoule be a better fit.

a couple of the cars here have done that, place the aircon in the coin tray, and put the screen in its place...but good luck trying to fit it...

here is a couple of the ppl from this forum, c55's car

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...hlight=command

MBenzNl

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...hlight=command

by far for me this is the ultimate interior mod...just need to get my head right and start saving for it lol
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

i haven't taken out the aircon unit before, so i don't know how the wires and such in the back's attached and if it can be easily swapped to a bottom slot. however, in terms of fitting it in the hole, it's quite easy. a little bit of dremel action and u will be set to go.

ok...so i get the feeling that i can not do this...so, does anybody know that if you put the touch screen in the place of the cass. holder, is it too low or can you see it? Is the shifter in the way? also, is it easy to run wires to it?
    thanx
    Exterior mods:
    Clear corner
    Flat Hood Badge
    S-Class Style Grill
    Brabus VI replicas
    Rieger front lip

Interior mods:
    Sony BT-2500 Headunit
    Polk 5.25\" front doors
    Polk 4\" Back doors
    760W Pioneer Amp