Thread: broken crystal clear headlight

Thumbs up broken crystal clear headlight

Hey,

Okay well I was driving on the highway and my left headlight beam suddenly dropped as if it was directed at the bumper trim. I pulled off the back where you change the bulbs and you can see that the screw which you screw in and out to move the headlight up and down has fallen out of its hole.

So I cannot use this screw any more to alter the headlight beam up and down. I tried to open the headlight but the whole thing is glued shut with silicon!

So.. I can't get into it to put the screw back in position (It looks like it was held in by silicon as well?). I am going to contact the ebay seller now but I don't hold much hope in him replacing it, and plus he will probably want me to ship the light back to USA and then pay for the shipping of the replacement light back here to AU... Probably half the price of a hid kit right there in shipping

you could use a heat gune to try to melt the glue that is holding the lens in place ,it should come of .
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

the good old headlight in the oven for 5 mins might do the trick. I have heard of many ppl doing this to soften the silicone so they can part the lens from the back of the headlight.....
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

Hey,

yeah I heard about the oven thing but all the inside components are held on to the headlight shell with silicon lol so if I do that I think the whole thing will fall apart. And the lens is plastic so it might melt.

I pushed the screw back onto the light piece and it seems to be holding again, if the headlight falls again I will have to get a replacement.

(This is the picture of the screw bit that fell out of its hole)