Thread: Need seriouse help with my bose system.!

Exclamation Need seriouse help with my bose system.!

I currently drive a 97c280 with custom bose sound system. One day i sat in my car and realized that the headunit is working(displaying tracks) but the actual sound is completely cutted off.

Went to the different places and found out that my amp is mos likely busted. Mercedes dealership is charging me $2000 which is ridicously expensive. other shop charge me over 400 for the car wiring not including any potential new parts.

they said bose system is all built in or something with like 8 speakers in the car. and if i have to chnage the amp,i would need to change all the wires and speakers.

he doesnt look honest and now i dont know what to do! I cant drive without music and i want to know if this can be fixed bymyself by simply changing an aftermarket amp or smth. any alternatives,suggestions would be appreciated.

In Charge
    Your amp is running 7 speakers at 2ohms. It is very difficult to rewire, so most people integrate the amp. If your amp is really croken, I suggest looking for one on this board or on ebay. I see them all the time for around $100.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

front tweeters - 8 ohms
    front door speakers - 1 ohm (from 94' - 6/95')
    front door speakers - 2 ohm (from 7/95' - 00')
    rear door speakers - 2 ohm
    rear deck speakers - 2 ohm

i have the factory bose amp from my 1995 in perfect condition if you want to buy it. check the part number on yours first though to verify it will work. my part number is 2028200589.

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

dont no if you tried this already, change the fuse on the bottom of the amp it may be blown, mine was and now it works fine