Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Is The Best 202 Excluding Amg

Originally posted by Nelson Lago
    ya i wish mine had headlight wipers and i put hids in mine 280, but i never see two tone in a 202. guess i never seen a 2000 sport. wish mine was a sport but do you know how much a sport gauge cluster is cuz i want to put one in my car i hate black background in my car
    Never seen two tone interior?!?!?!?! Well then, we'll have to fix that.

How's that? Sure is puuurrrrddy, idn't it?

As far as which is the best, my personal vote would have to go to the same thing I drive, the 2000 C230k. People always say that I claim it's the best because I have one. But it's the other way around, I have one because I feel it's best suited for what I want.

The Engine gives decent power, while still giving Excellent milage, 20-22 in town, and 26-28 on the highway.
    The interior is just damn sexy.
    The tranny is the updated model, with updated parts, which perform better and last longer.

All in all, it's perfect for a driver in current form.

The ONE downfall of the later model 202's is, as stated above, when Merc cut costs, they did on ALL models. And this really, really shows up on later model bodys. They used piss-poor metal, and piss-poor sealant, resulting in a Shit-ton of rust.

I personally have 5 or 6 rather large spots of rust on my car already. It's a 2000 with 120k on it. Hell, my '96 Silverado with 130k on it had less rust than my Benz. Talk about irritating.

huh my 99 has one small rust stane and its kinda loud on the highways from the wind noise thats it but is the seats only two tone or the dash because im woundering f i can swap out my seats for those
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Dash isn't Two tone. Only the seats and the steering wheel.

Everything else is black, with the exception of the headliner and sun visors.

So if you're lucky enough to find the two tone seats, and the rest of your interior is black, it'll look great.

damm my interior is silver/grey what ever color you wanna call it damm i can never get a break. even the steering wheele and head liner wow why cant mercedes do that againe....... humm still wount look bad my dash is black & steering wheele
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

He meant that the headliner and sun visors arn't black not that there two tone. There originally gray vinyl. But i got mine 2-tone

Deff Sport 2000 C230 if were talking interior.

Yea....What he said. ^^^^

I guess I forgot to mention that.

And I've been thinking of redoing my headliner in black, and leaving the sunroof shade and visors grey for a while now, and you've just reinforced that though. That looks really good, Benzon

jayvee
    I agree with First Benz, the two-toned headliner looks cool.

how the hell will i do all that you think thay sell the visor and sunroof thing at the dealer and colored
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

u can just get yours re leathers, i need to get my front arm rest re leathered i might make it more puffy as well......:bunny:

I had my slider redone some time ago so it was not vinyl it was already cloth and then I just got the headliner re-done in black cloth so just the visors are left in grey vinyl.

well im just trying to find out if i can go to the dealer and ask or diffrent color roof panal and visor know what i mean ( i live in masschuestts i have no idea where their is a re leather shop )
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

I personally have no idea if the dealer carries parts like that , i would imagine, but i would also imagine a VERY hefty price tag to go with them. The guy that re did my liner told me that he had just done another Mercedes for a lady and and she need new visors and the junker wanted like 250 for one and the dealer wanted like some crazy amount. Don't know if theres any truth to it but i can see it being true.

Just hit up google maps and type in your address then search for upholstery near your address. According to the guy that did mine there very annoying to do as the roof liner is all one piece and must be bent to get out as when there installed at the factory they go in through the windshield hole, so its a very annoying job as after they pull it out they must bend it to get it back in causing wrinkles which then must be ironed out. I paid 275 although was quoted cheaper other places this guy seemed to know what he was talking about, if i had needed to redo the slider it was about another 100 on top of whatever else. Also was told that the visors are not able to be reupholstered. Sorry for rambling.

Beautiful 2 tone!!!
    If you don\'t do it properly, don\'t waste our time!!

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

i also love how the transmissions on our cars go all the way up to the redlinewhen at wot. thats my favorite pastime. lol

they all do that i mean all cars
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

nah, not like mine man, im sayin it downshifts and bam its at the redline and it really screams, almost a supercharger-like sound, but whatever,lol

only fuck with auto when it cums 2 four wheels (2 much gear changin in towns)

but on me r6 if i take it to the redline in first gear (about 70 - 75 mph) then let off the accel its sounds fuckin mad

all bikes do
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

i like my 00c230k, except for some sc bugs im trying to figure out right now.

the touch-shift trans isnt great; the shifts come like a couple seconds after you bump it. i leave it in auto mode all the time.

dont ever rev your car in neutral and drop it into drive for launch. thats so fuckin stupid. you can brake-torque it, but thats still pretty hard on your drivetrain.

ive got a couple rust spots on my car, the cheaper paint definitely shows.
    02/2000 C230 Kompressor

the touch-shift trans isnt great;
    I also despise the fact that shifts come liek 2 sec after you tap it...
    However, i do think it comes in handy for forcing downshifts
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

jayvee
    Originally posted by C280_Spawrt
    I also despise the fact that shifts come liek 2 sec after you tap it...
    However, i do think it comes in handy for forcing downshifts
    yeah, i think that it's only great in getting more power to the drivetrain by downshifting...