Thread: Kick pods (anyone who owns them)

Kick pods (anyone who owns them)

I just bought some Q-logic kick pods, does anyone happen to know what size speakers to drop in there and the max mounting dept to them? i even asked Crutchfeild and they had no clue what so ever
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

5 1/4 inch speakers and 2.5 inches is the max mounting depth! my crossfire X5 components are exactly 2.5 inches in depth and they barely fit.

check my cardomain for pics of them installed!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

LMAO CAN YOU EVEN USE THE EMERGANCY BRAKE?

yeah but when you release it...you need to put your foot on it as pressure otherwise when it releases back with force it will make a scuff mark on the kickpanels. i never use it anyway though. i always park on flat groung.

Jason
    Jason

OG Moderator
    it's tight, but if you are carefull, it should be fine. If it's raining or snowing, you might want to wipe your shoes to your carpet before kicking the parking brake. You definitely don't want any water droplets to your speakers.

1995c280

do you have a picture of the right side kick panel i would really appreciate it
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

i think the kick pods are a fu*king waste of money, now im pissed cause when i got them, it was like why did i waste my money when i could just put them in the door. i was like yes now i can have 6 1/2. then when i got it and placed it in.....the part where u put the tweeters just face straight up and not to your ears

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    i think the kick pods are a fu*king waste of money, now im pissed cause when i got them, it was like why did i waste my money when i could just put them in the door. i was like yes now i can have 6 1/2. then when i got it and placed it in.....the part where u put the tweeters just face straight up and not to your ears
    i've got some custom ones you might be interested in

aruba...i'll take some pictures of the right side as soon as i find my camera, LOL.

Cru328prod...how did you mount your tweeters? mine have the cup and then the tweeter is a swivel tweeter so you can angle it any way you want. i personally love the kick panels and i think the clarity is FAR SUPERIOR to the stock locations! also most crossovers have a level setting for the tweeters so when you mount them below the dash you turn the level up so they scream and when mounted at the dash area you turn the level down so it doesn't kill your ears.

Jason
    Jason

Originally posted by 1995c280
    aruba...i'll take some pictures of the right side as soon as i find my camera, LOL.

Cru328prod...how did you mount your tweeters? mine have the cup and then the tweeter is a swivel tweeter so you can angle it any way you want. i personally love the kick panels and i think the clarity is FAR SUPERIOR to the stock locations! also most crossovers have a level setting for the tweeters so when you mount them below the dash you turn the level up so they scream and when mounted at the dash area you turn the level down so it doesn't kill your ears.

Jason

i duno i don't like them, and it takes room for where u legs are. feels weird maybe cause im not use to them

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    i've got some custom ones you might be interested in
    ...explain

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    ...explain

lmao no room for your legs, i want those seatssssssssssssssssssss, whats all the other stuff for?

meh...it's ok

ah, pek's car lives on in pictures eh?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

are you selling them? how much?

Originally posted by Renn 208
    ah, pek's car lives on in pictures eh?
    and in my cell phone when i need my fix for parts

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    are you selling them? how much?
    i think this weekend i'm going to make a huge post of all the items i'm letting go. you'll of course have specialized pricing

provenguilty

and if posible can youy post the pics of pecs seat men those are sick
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

Re: provenguilty

Originally posted by aruba
    and if posible can youy post the pics of pecs seat men those are sick
    they're carbon fiber sides with 2-tone suede. i don't think i have any better pics of them - they had 7" pineer screens in the headrests for backseat passengers

Re: Re: provenguilty

they're carbon fiber sides with 2-tone suede. i don't think i have any better pics of them - they had 7" pineer screens in the headrests for backseat passengers

only if they where tan, they look very cooozy

Jon had a nice car. Looked awesome in person. Glad to see that the parts are still being used. Anyone know what happen to the seats?
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

Originally posted by JDoggery
    Jon had a nice car. Looked awesome in person. Glad to see that the parts are still being used. Anyone know what happen to the seats?
    Yeah, that car was trully one of a kind. Before we hijack this thread any further - you might want to check a thread Jeff made for you regarding camber arms.

Yeah, that car was trully one of a kind. Before we hijack this thread any further - you might want to check a thread Jeff made for you regarding camber arms.
    yea, i talked to him, i should prob post there to say i got the message. thanks.
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

yo proven, can you still use your emergency brakes? those are large kick pods!!are they custom? i'm about to get a pair of q-logic. thanks in advance
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!