Thread: 99 C280 tinted finally

99 C280 tinted finally

Finally got my windows tinted, 20% all around. It looks darker at night because the black interior.

I think Thursday I am putting my BBS's back on and the week after new springs.

Did you include the felt on the window seals?
    1997 C280 Sport

where are you located?
    Id get pulled over for have the front windows that dark.

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Did you include the felt on the window seals?
    what do you mean the felt? The tint is the complete window top to bottom no spacing.

I am in NJ, so far no problems I was parked today and a cop pulled by and stopped to talk to me didn't say anything about the tint.

I just got home from Waterfest in Englishtown kind of makes me want to get a VW

NOT

wow nice tint, yeah im in nj too, by Cherry hill.where are you located? i have 50% all around, i think it looks good, and does't bring any attention from the cops, nam sayinlol they should have a whole nj european car show, not just vw and audi.
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

Originally posted by anf6789
    wow nice tint, yeah im in nj too, by Cherry hill.where are you located? i have 50% all around, i think it looks good, and does't bring any attention from the cops, nam sayinlol they should have a whole nj european car show, not just vw and audi.
    I am in Caldwell area, not sure if you know where I'm talking about.

Yeah the whole time I was thinking why cant there be a Benz meet there or a full Euro one.

Check out the other thread with pictures of my sub enclosure. I only went to the show because a couple of cars my brother built were in it.

Felt is a material used to prevent scratching on your tints. It is well known that tints on our cars will be scratched by the rubber seal. Felt is a fabric that keeps your tints safe from the scratches caused by the seals. Search it and you will find few threads talking about it.
    1997 C280 Sport

just to make sure the felt is located on the seals at the bottom of the window right? ive heard people say rollers but i dont know if thats something else or means the same.

the tinting looks really good, im about to get the same on mine.
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

yep, top of door panel where it meets the window bottom...
    1997 C280 Sport

that felt is on my car and the windows (to my knowledge) have never been tinted. Is that not a stock feature?

Felt is not always stock on the 202. Just recently I saw a C280
    that had felt on 3 of the 4 moldings. Most 202's that I've tinted
    haven't had any felt at all and the tint on all 4 doors gets all scratched up after only a couple months from rolling up and down.
    You canusually tell if you have it by rolling your front door all the way down and looking closely at the inside molding.
    If you need the kit just PayPal me $10.00 at scott_blackout@yahoo.com and I will send it to you.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

Originally posted by tinter101
    Felt is not always stock on the 202. Just recently I saw a C280
    that had felt on 3 of the 4 moldings. Most 202's that I've tinted
    haven't had any felt at all and the tint on all 4 doors gets all scratched up after only a couple months from rolling up and down.
    You canusually tell if you have it by rolling your front door all the way down and looking closely at the inside molding.
    If you need the kit just PayPal me $10.00 at scott_blackout@yahoo.com and I will send it to you.
    Just sent you $10.00
    1996 C36

-blacked out grill
    -cold air intake
    -flat hood emblem
    -full custom bent exhaust
    -stereo things.