Thread: Turn signal ticks come on and off

Angry Turn signal ticks come on and off

Hi to all,

I drive the infamous 95 C280.

When I operate the turning flashers, they do not usually tick at first then the tick comes back a while later. The lights do flash without problem, and the turn signal indicators in the dash cluster blink as well. It's just the ticking sound.

Never did I imagine I would be missing and wanting this ticking sound this much.

So,

1. Is the ticking made somewhere in the instrument cluster(It seems to be heard from there, I guess), or, where could it be?

2. Would I be able to fix it once I locate the mechanical part that makes the ticking sound?

Any input will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

JP
    -----------------------
    '95 C280

record the ticking sound to a cd, then whenever you use your turn signals play the CD jk sorry im not sure, ive never had this problem.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

The ticking comes from flasher relay, you can usually find or order it from any auto parts store.

Wink

RemoLexi - quite an idea! I'll try that if I cannot fix the problem the other way. Thanks

DynoXG - Alright, so, hopefully I'd be able to have it fixed by replacing the relay? I'll try that. Thanks.

I had this exact same problem with my 94. I replaced the instrument cluster (for other reasons, but thought, hey maybe it'll fix that too) and it now works properly. Just make sure you get a cluster from the same year, and preferrably mileage that is close.

Recently, my blinkers and int. wiper stopped working, so I replaced the combo relay under the hood. This fixed everything, including the rear defroster that hadn't worked in a while (and was low on the priority list)

Let us know what you found out

-G
    *SOLD* :-( 1994 C280 Spruce Green/Kiwi w/Parchment Int.
    Avant Garde Grille, Eagle Eyes Headlights & Clear Corners
    Alpine head unit w/Ipod connect, upgraded cupholder, replaced stupid cassette holder with tray
    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
    2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 3.5