Thread: 94 C220 Bumper issue

94 C220 Bumper issue

Hey guys, my front bumper on my C220 is cracked. Wondering is anyone knew if a non 220 bumper would go on, i.e. a 96 C55 for example? In everyone's opinion, would it be more economical to get a used oem one, an after market one or something else? I'm in the reserves so unfortunately my budget is limited. Thanks!

1996 c55 where?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

no but the 95' C63 would work.

just kidding, a 98'+ C43 bumper will bolt on.

there was no 96' C55. only a C36.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

Thanks, yeah I am still working on my 202 history. Just got a $1000 bill from stealership for brakes, ball joints and tune up, so I am a little angry with my car right now. But I suppose I am the idiot for taking it there. Thanks guys.

I'm not sure how damaged your bumper is or whether or not may want to repair your current bumper, but you could save a lot of money if you try to repair it first.

My front bumper had a crack about two inches long in the middle right under where the hood closes (under the grill). First I took the bumper off and cleaned the underside of the crack with alcohol to remove any dirt and get a nice clean surface. Then I used some special "plastic epoxy" that gets rock hard and is very strong. I got it from work, but on monday when I go back I will see what brand it is and let you know if you're interested.

I put a generous amount of the stuff under the crack, being carefull not to let it go to the painted side, and let it dry. Then I used a little bondo and covered the crack from the top side. Sanded it down and painted. It worked for about a year and a half until some guy hit me in a parking garage.

Yeah, the crack is a decent size. I would say it is 5-6 inches. But yeah, information would be great. Thanks!

The front bumper comes in 2 pieces (5 including the chrome), so make sure you get everything when you order
    If you don\'t do it properly, don\'t waste our time!!

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

Ok, the stuff I told you about is called "Plastic Fusion" and is made by "The Original Super Glue". This sticks very well to any plastic with a clean surface and it turns rock hard after it's dry (usually 5 minutes).

Hope this helps. It may save you some money, but I'm not sure it will work with the size crack you have. Worth giving it a try.