Thread: Painting side molding

Painting side molding

Hey, so i plan on painting the gray strip that goes around the car and I want to do it myself... I found this site... http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint_trim.aspx
    They have "Bondo Easy Finish Bumper Black" which is said to paint side moldings and others but they also have paint to match the 040 and clear coat and paint adhesion however that is $38 and the Bondo is $7. I am a kid with no job and am really tight on money... Should I spend the $30 and get the paint to match or will the Bondo Finish be fine?
    (P.S. I have a black car)
    ~Thanks in advance
    Exterior mods:
    Clear corner
    Flat Hood Badge
    S-Class Style Grill
    Brabus VI replicas
    Rieger front lip

Interior mods:
    Sony BT-2500 Headunit
    Polk 5.25\" front doors
    Polk 4\" Back doors
    760W Pioneer Amp
    2 12\" subs

just go to a professional...you'll be spending the same amount if you don't do it right plus you a get to bring it back if anything happens to the paint...just a suggestion
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Thumbs up

Don't do it !! Go to a Pro! Or you will be SORRY

price

been thinkin about gettin my side moudings done black also... can soemone gimme how much a paint shop usually charges for... i also have rust spots.. and i know that takes alot of work... grinding... then reprimer then the paint and clear coat... was wondering how much that cost.... sorry for intruding in ur thread |27|

What i want to know is if you have to take off the side moldings to paint them or if a shop will do it with them still on the car? what do you guys think?

took mine to a guy here in town, he said he would leave them on the car...tape, sand, prine, paint, clear all ont he car...for 450$
    2009 - Bmw 335i M Sport Package
    2003- Ford Excursion Limited

Only drive when its bad outside - White
    1998 c230, 17\" amg 5 spoke, 5% tint, JL audio W3v2 12\", Memphis Class D 400w amp, dynamat, K&N, Clarion In-Dash DVD..

RIP- 1998 c230 Black

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=13733

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=15348

Originally posted by benzo23
    took mine to a guy here in town, he said he would leave them on the car...tape, sand, prine, paint, clear all ont he car...for 450$
    isnt that a little expensive?