Thread: how to remove trims

how to remove trims

can anyone post a step by step how-to on how to take out all the interior trims-particularly ALL the wood trims... im planning to play with my trims.. i've already used the search button but everything just goes to the door panel. thanks in advance
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Spring Master
    way too much work buddy.

u need to take door pannels off to get the door trims off.
    dash trim top strip. stick a flat head into the very right corner and pry it out. make sure u use prtection. otherwise u will scartch the shit.

for center ocnsol shifter area

pull up

wood for the climate control, u need tot ake radio and climate control off, 2 screws under climate control
    2 screws under radio

u need radio keys to take climate and radio out

can i just pry out the wood on my doors? i think i can do the others, i'm just scared of the door trims
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Spring Master
    Originally posted by svt ricco
    can't i just pry out the wood on my doors? i think i can do the others, i'm just scared of the door trims
    sure, if u want to break the door pannels off

they are held on via metal washers that lock when u push them in, u need to pry washers off with pliars

thanks for your reply..i know that will help me a lot on my project. was supposed to buy the faux cf from the stealer but that sh"t looks fake!!! can't have that in my car
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Ask and ye shall receive..

http://202tech.mkosonen.com/pdfs/w202trim.pdf

Martin

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Just what I needed to help me take out the center console wood to figure out where the creaking is coming from...mostlikely the wood itself!
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Nice....pdf!!
    Doin it right.

i'll be trying to remove panels soon...hope this helps!!
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!