Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint?

chill lol, I was just saying that he should not worry about his college money

hey guys im back thx for all the replies.....i figured id only be driving the car for 3 years before going to college so theres no point to buying a new car. But what price range should i be looking at for body kit painting and also around how much do you think it would cost to reupholster the seats?

thx alot in advance

Originally posted by atvrdr
    hey guys im back thx for all the replies.....i figured id only be driving the car for 3 years before going to college so theres no point to buying a new car. But what price range should i be looking at for body kit painting and also around how much do you think it would cost to reupholster the seats?

thx alot in advance
    3 years is a pretty long time, getting a new car would not be pointless.

buying a bodykit/paint/rims+tires/
    suspension/reupholster/ +installation
    will cost much more than what your car is worth. In the end when you go off to college and decide to sell your car, all that money you put in will do nothing to help to resell value of the car.

i guess i think ill just keep it stock maybe new rims and suspension

Dude dont worry about the resale value... If you want your car to look nice then work hard and spend the money. Make modding a hobbie,like most of us here.
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

yea becuase if im gonna put alot into it and mod it its probly going to stay with me for a long time

Exactly....
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

A good move might be to just save the money and buy a C43 that already has the stock performance/body kit/rims. then you could get the color you want and have a 300hp V8. Just add some tint and it would be perfect. then you could focus on saving for college
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

where in va are you cause i know this guy who does a really good paint job and touch-ups in richmond(good price)? FYI black is a pain in the ass unless you have the time to keep it.
    1999 C280 Black
    50/35/20 tint
    painted trim

im in nova but i wouldnt mind going up there for a paint job....do you know an estimate around how much its gonna cost or how much it costed you???

thanks alot

to paint the trim aound the car it cost 300. not sure how much it would cost to do the whole car. If you want to call him its (804)852-714, the guy's name is Frank Chrisholm at Ultra Color Systems.
    1999 C280 Black
    50/35/20 tint
    painted trim

ok thanks alot so i shouldnt even go to maaco for a clear coat

anyone?