Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racing Seats- Worthwhile?

manual swap is usually 2-3k parts & labor.

Ok so we have the Pulley, CAI, Sprintbooster, Headers (where can I get headers??), Suspension parts, Racing seats, CF/FiberGlass hood/trunk, and SLK manny tranny. Wow thats ganna be alot of money. :dead: But well worth IMO. :banana:
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

You think it's worth it? Better do your math and double check it.

like i said 100 hp increase for a couple grand when u can just find a c43...save yourself the trouble......btw how many miles are on you car? after 80k gonna start doing some major overhauls as preventive mant. parts are shit faced expensive........i just spent 500 just on a ac hose not including labor

u should change your supercharger oil......i'm doing mine next week i'll do a write up
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

I am a firm believer in always buying the top of the range model before I buy mods. What I mean is if you plan on modding a car, buy the AMG. If you don't have AMG all money should go into saving up to upgrade instead of being spent on mods. same thing applies to 3-series & M3, A4 & S4.

the price difference between C36 & C43 and their non AMGs is so close you might as well sell the car and upgrade, you will actually save ALOT of money in the long run and you can just swap over all your cosmetic parts to the upgraded car .

Man I want a C43 so bad. But realisticaly I mean how much money do you guys think I could get for my 2000 C230 Kompressor Sport with 87,300 miles? And how much for a decent C43?? Everyone on here tells me that I should sell my car and get an AMG. I really wish I would have come on Club202 before I bought the C23k cause when I bought it Ididnt know anything about 202s.
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

C43s are selling for $8-9k frequently so it shouldn't that much more than your car.

c43 dream shot down!!! Yea I cant get a loan by myself cause im only 17 so my dad would have to co sign with me. But problem is, is that hes trying to get a car himeself so he cant do it. So looks like im going to continue to mod my C23K but slow down doing it. Im ganna get Logics CAI, mabey that sprintbooster, and then go for some more exterior mods like a C36 bodykit and mabey a black paintjob. Thanks for all ur help guys.

lmao u don't get it.......look on ebay for a c43..........there pretty cheap. Keep your shit stock otherwize the money u put in won't come out of it

I only found two C43s on Ebay. One has 69k miles and is sellng for 16k. And the other has 111k miles and is selling for 6k i think. Isnt 111k miles 2 much?? Couldnt there be some serious problems?? They are both out of state.

i think instead of painting the whole car black is to paint the top where the moon roof is . there are some white 202's in here that did it and they look sweet. painting the roof makes it look like a panaramic top
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Yea I thought about doing that too. The reason I want a paintjob is cause I have so many little blacks spots on the bottom part of the driver and passenger side doors along with the front bumper. They will not come off no matter how hard I wash it. I love the white but its so hard to keep clean.

dude merc engines last foreverrrrrrrr 111k is like barely any mile mark

ok well a new MB isnt happening, atleast not for a little while. I found a junkyard that will give me a 2000 SLK230 kompressor MT with 20k miles on it for $1,500 shipped with a 2 year 40k mile warranty. What do you guys think? How long do you think it will take? My dad is going to do the swap so I wont be paying any $$ for labor

Originally posted by C230KSPORT00
    Im only 17. Am I even alowed to get a loan??
    bro,

don't get a loan unless you can earn more money than you pay in interest.

taking out a loan to spend it on a car doesn't make sense. save up instead or use the loan to start a business.

and don't sell weed...

Originally posted by slowpoke
    bro,

don't get a loan unless you can earn more money than you pay in interest.

taking out a loan to spend it on a car doesn't make sense. save up instead or use the loan to start a business.

and don't sell weed...
    Lol yea i decided its not worth it. And I probably wouldnt be able to make the payments anyway. Im just ganna save up for an E55 down the road. Thanks for anvice though.

modding cars becomes an expensive habbit

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    modding cars becomes an expensive habbit
    lol but so its much fun. Watching your bone stock car become a "head turner". I love it

wait till you get that CAI, i was going to get my plates to say MADEULOOK <---thought that was pretty bad ass.........all your gonna hear is wannnnnnnnnnnnnngpssssssssssssshhhhhht. the trick is when you get it........floor it and let go of the gas quick. lol when your supercharger turns off <---which its going to do when your maf goes bad........its going to sound like a vtech. Make sure you relocate your MAF, if you pay for shipping ill give you that piece for the intercooler instead of paying 400 for the relocation...i sure dont need it....might as well see it put to good use, youll need that silicone coupler you can get at autozone specture brand i think. I wish lived closer to me i would have done some bad ass shit. Funds came up short so i couldnt do much...............florida is hurting sooo bad with the economy.

What piece are you talking about??? Yea i wish we lived closer so you could help me out with all the shit. We would be able to have "FL meets" just like those SOCAL guys lol. +1 its hard to live in the sunshine state right now if you dont have alot of money...

thats why i left, its a fabbed up piece that allows your MAF to be closer to your t body. haha there only like 4 members tops that live in florida.....we wouldnt be able to match the cali meets. They would laugh and be like wtf is this lol

lol it would be more of small gathering. It would be cool to meet up though, there SO many 202s driving around near me, but all of them old people or just people who just throw some big rims on them and think they look cool. Lol i pull up to a stop light next to these some of these guys and their reaction on their face seems to be like their thinking "wtf?!?! Is that the same car as me?!" Tell me more about this T body piece. How much would this cost me? Cause I am thinking of just doing CAI and suspension upgrade and stop spending money on mods but rather save for the E55.