Thread: rear star on trunk lid......... boot

rear star on trunk lid......... boot

okay..... so the detail shop broke my rear star and they said buy a new one and we'll pay for it...... no worries. so i bought one and it IS the right one.... w/ a 202 part # but it doesn't curve to the edge of my trunk lid......... any ideas?

i will post my part # later..

Re: rear star on trunk lid......... boot

Originally posted by MBHustla858
    okay..... so the detail shop broke my rear star and they said buy a new one and we'll pay for it...... no worries. so i bought one and it IS the right one.... w/ a 202 part # but it doesn't curve to the edge of my trunk lid......... any ideas?

I'm putting my WALD badge on the rear soon, if you want mine, you can have it.

Re: Re: rear star on trunk lid......... boot

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    I'm putting my WALD badge on the rear soon, if you want mine, you can have it.
    sweet!!! can you bring it to the picnic in SD?

Re: rear star on trunk lid......... boot

when the dealer pulled the part for you, did they request your VIN number to order it? sounds like you have the updated lid with the lip at the top and the sheetmetal is a little different to allow for that. perhaps you got the star for a preupdate?

while it's off.. i always wanted to put the W203 star on the trunk because it's much smaller and cleaner looking. couldnt hurt to try

edit: pics added
    W203 star

W202 star

Re: Re: Re: rear star on trunk lid......... boot

sweet!!! can you bring it to the picnic in SD?
    Not going to that.