Thread: Where to purchase.. flat hood emblem

Where to purchase.. flat hood emblem

Best Place/ Cheapest place to purchase an authentic one?
    Or if anyone has 1 for sale. Thanks

Thanks

www.formymercedes.com is where i got mine

are they authentic?

Also do you think their carlsson center caps authentic? I need a set.

Thanks

the flat hood emblem came in an mb parts bag w/a pn on it so im pretty sure they're real, however i doubt that the carlsson center caps are

Originally posted by crazy00c230k
    the flat hood emblem came in an mb parts bag w/a pn on it so im pretty sure they're real, however i doubt that the carlsson center caps are
    Thanks for the help

any idea where I can pick up a set of authentic Carlsson center caps instead of going straight to carlsson?

OG Moderator
    You can get the mercedes one.. shouldnt be that expensive. maybe $25 at most.
    P/N 204 817 06 16.
    It is actually indeed a W204 OEM flat hood badge. fits onto the W202 hood well. I have one.
    clean look.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    P/N 204 817 06 16.
    It is actually indeed a W204 OEM flat hood badge. fits onto the W202 hood well. I have one.
    clean look.
    Thks for the help guys anyone know where to pick up a set of authentic carlsson center caps? or should i make a new thread for that.

I'd prob just email info@carlssonamerica.com most of the center caps you see around are going to be knock offs

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    P/N 204 817 06 16.
    clean look.
    Wouldnt the W204 one be a lot bigger than the original W202 one?

Is there a different part number for the actual w202 one?
    Edit: actually can you show me a picture of it on your car? I wanna see how big it looks, unless its the same size as all the flat hood emblems. Thanks

Flat hood emblems

in my experience even ordering from the dealer you only get one choice and it's too big to fit down inside the indentation. You have to center it by hand, and make sure you get the rubber gasket too or you will rub your paint on the hood. I saw flat badges on eBay that use the OEM stand-up star base so it's a perfect fit (ie: smaller) but they just put a small plug with a logo in the center hole so it doesn't really look all that authentic to me and it's also very expensive for what you get, $80+
    Click to see pics of my
    \'99 c230 Kompressor (Brilliant Silver)
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by sensoryx
    Wouldnt the W204 one be a lot bigger than the original W202 one?

Is there a different part number for the actual w202 one?
    Edit: actually can you show me a picture of it on your car? I wanna see how big it looks, unless its the same size as all the flat hood emblems. Thanks
    crap.. I used to have a bunch of pics of it.. ummmm.. Ill have to take another one.
    its identical to the w202 one.. even though there was never a proper W202 flat badge.. it was a R129 SL flat badge from what i remember.
    ill try and snap a pic.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--