Thread: Sunshade/Sunroof

Sunshade/Sunroof

My '97 C280 has a pop up sunroof. Is it possible to remove the sunshade without removing the sliding glass or the complete headliner ? Can I simply bend the sunshade to remove and put it back in place ?
    Paulo Kropsch
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil

OG Moderator
    Use the search button and you will find good information. I know it has been discussed here before.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

I already searched in 202 site as two other sites. There is a lot of information, but either the headliner or the glass has been removed before the sunshade. My doubt is if this is a must or it was done to fix other problems. My sunroof works perfectly, I just want to reglue the sunshade liner.
    Paulo Kropsch
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil

OG Moderator
    im not 100% sure.. but i think you can remove the glass.. or open the sunroof and remove the sliding cover.. im not certain which it is though. not something i can remember off hand.
    if you open your sunroof and look down at teh guide rails from the top.. there should be some screws along the top that you can possibly remove and then remove the metal channels/guides to get the sliding shade out.. just a thought.. not 100% sure!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I already had the liner removed from the sunshade and it became too noisy, shaking against the sunroof. So, yesterday I went to my indie, that removed the sunshade just as you suggest. He lifted the glass , removed some rails and got the sunshade out. I left the sunshade with him, to be reglued , so he can earn something with the removal.
    Paulo Kropsch
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil