Thread: FEnders OEM- Sport aftermkrt....IN NEED ASAP

FEnders OEM- Sport aftermkrt....IN NEED ASAP

my GFs mom recently backed into my car so i definitely need a right fender in GOLD Euro signal and headlight

i was thinking of finidng just a gold fender and no Chinese crap( OEM)

or

those Lorinser style fenders from fiber glass. has anyone had experiance with any of these companies? maybe suggestions?

-Extreme Dimensions?
    - Dura flex

( i like these the most)

http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templa...ubFolderId=573

same http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=130267318702

my concerns...ive had some experiance with fiberglass and i know there are fitment issues and they are a pain in the ass sometimes( most of the time):

- Fitment

- Body lines ( between hood, door, pilars, bumper and lights)

-quility... fiberglass bumpers get dinged up from sand and rocks easly( i know its not direlty facing the road, but the front part is)

dont want pinholes in my kit or over time holes start to appear because of there was a cheap under coat on the fiberglass. ( happend in my body kit)

- same thickness of the panel all around( at least where its most vulnerable( mounts, mouning hole where i would have to bolt up.

I am in need of a right headlight and signal too
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

The fenders with the air vents are the most hideous things I've seen for the W202. If you don't want a Chinese made fender which is comparable to OEM, why would you want a fiberglass fender? I would go to a junk yard or get a OEM look fender instead of that outrageous fender.

The headlights and corners you can pick them up at a junk yard or get a full set of headlights on eBay (crystal clear)
    1997 C280 Sport

i agree.....hit up a junk yard.someones gotta have a fender and a headlight

thats the cheaper route

_n.

Originally posted by nikrox
    i agree.....hit up a junk yard.someones gotta have a fender and a headlight

thats the cheaper route

_n.
    haha, its not as easy as you think.
    i been to like 5 already lol

im looking for gold specifically because i would not pay full price and the pay to get it painted.
    also i want factory paint ( the rest of my car isnt perfect, 1 perfecto panel would make it obvious it was repainted)
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

ahhh....i gotchya.thats true

have you tried calling some import repair shops to see if they can locate a used fender and headlight for ya?that would be plan B

_n.

I'm pretty sure shops can match the paint very well. Or you can just keep checking with the junk yards for parts. Gold is rare and I understand that. But same goes for the fiberglass fenders, you would still need to get it painted.
    1997 C280 Sport

true, but you get 2 fenders for the price of one =P lol
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

Originally posted by mike mac
    true, but you get 2 fenders for the price of one =P lol
    Remember you get what you pay for...

+1 for the junkyard, then you wont need paint either which is usually overlooked.
    1996 C36

-blacked out grill
    -cold air intake
    -flat hood emblem
    -full custom bent exhaust
    -stereo things.

Originally posted by Markland556
    Remember you get what you pay for...

+1 for the junkyard, then you wont need paint either which is usually overlooked.
    its been impossible to find a fender for a w202 in my area. i found one w202!!! it was silver...i ended up grabbing that one
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

its been impossible to find a fender for a w202 in my area. i found one w202!!! it was silver...i ended up grabbing that one
    glad to hear u stayed away from that ED crap, those pics aren't even of the fenders installed on a car, they just photoshopped some vents onto OCKlasse's car...

personally i think thoes fenders are sick... but i also am a huge fan of lorinser, which these fenders are a replica of... (even tho i have a wald kit that i love)

I say go for them... they are too expensive for me... but i think they have great potential to really set your car off... keep us updated!

also i have some clear headlights and corner lights im looking to sell?
    j.otness
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15706

Originally posted by livin503
    personally i think thoes fenders are sick... but i also am a huge fan of lorinser, which these fenders are a replica of... (even tho i have a wald kit that i love)

I say go for them... they are too expensive for me... but i think they have great potential to really set your car off... keep us updated!

also i have some clear headlights and corner lights im looking to sell?

do you have a picture of your Wald fenders? I ended up taking the whole assembly apart and glued the crap out of it lol used a heat gun to reform the cacks and super glued ever crack, then used high temp hot glue( the strong stuff, its all i had) to seal it all up
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

do you have a picture of your Wald fenders? I ended up taking the whole assembly apart and glued the crap out of it lol used a heat gun to reform the cacks and super glued ever crack, then used high temp hot glue( the strong stuff, its all i had) to seal it all up
    oh sorry.. i actualy dont have wald fenders... just bumpers and side skirts.... but love the look of the lorinser fenders
    j.otness
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15706