Thread: antenna delete? relocating ?

antenna delete? relocating ?

im going to be doing some body work on my W202 and i was thinking of deleting the whole antenna assembly and get get someone to weld some steel over the hole and clean it up to make it look like it was never there.
    i would liek to relocate the antenna to the rear bumper( on the inside). on my moms w210 ( e class) the antenna is located in the rear bumper. i was thinking of buying a used antenna from a parts car and convert.

i like the idea of the little antenna on the roof just like the W210, but thats a pain in the ass with the headliner and all. also i think its used as the phone antenna( dont take my word for it, but it looks great). it may not get reception.

also, i know that an older Pontiac Tran sport had the antenna in the windsheild and and didnt work to bad. anyone have any ideas about this? where to buy one, how is it mounted? do i have to remive my windshield or do i just kinda stick it in between my dash and windshield?

BTW does anyone else have short range reception ?
    seems like the plastic end on the mast really isnt doing my tunes any justace sometimes. only if it were metal...
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

I believe the roof antenna is for TeleAid...

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    I believe the roof antenna is for TeleAid...
    true, makes sense...its funny how no one uses the Tele aid or "SOS" button. not even the car phone option....less the new Benz's with bluetooth capability.
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

Originally posted by mike mac
    true, makes sense...its funny how no one uses the Tele aid or "SOS" button. not even the car phone option....less the new Benz's with bluetooth capability.
    Obsolete technology now...

OG Moderator
    the roof antenna is for GPS/Phone.. so teleaid (if equipped) may use the same antenna as well.
    I have one on my roof.. Im using it for GPS with my comand.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I'm also looking for for an antenna that can be hidden away somewhere. I disconnected the motor so the antenna doesn't extend anymore (it's broken anyways).
    1997 C280 Sport

The Modfather
    Like the facelift W202, the standard ariel for the radio is the 2 viritual lines on the rear window, not the bumper.

Originally posted by BBW
    Like the facelift W202, the standard ariel for the radio is the 2 viritual lines on the rear window, not the bumper.
    Would that work with the pre-updates?
    1997 C280 Sport