Thread: Loss of Air From Center Vents While Accelerating

Loss of Air From Center Vents While Accelerating

I've been doing research on this, and it sucks

Where is the vacuum distributor block in the C230 engine bay? Others with the I6 have mentioned it being underneath the cover close to the firewall on the passenger side, but it seems that entire area is where my ECU sits. Any input??

I hope I don't have to take the dash apart...

Checked the vacuum lines (I could see) in the engine bay, as well as the lines running from the pump in the trunk, and still no success.

Upon acceleration (or over 75 mph), air (both AC and EC) cuts out from the center vents, and comes rushing in on deceleration.

OG Moderator
    I have the same problem brandon. Last my friend fixed by reconnecting some vacuum line. but I haven't been able to fix it ever since it came back. My tech guys also did a vacuum check and found no leaks so i have no clue what is the culprit. Hope you find a solution. So i can fix this annoying problem.
    Got BRABUS?

i was wondering i noticed on my car it seems the air increases with speed and decreases when i slow down...i thought maybe that was a feature of the car?????
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Originally posted by 714guy
    I have the same problem brandon. Last my friend fixed by reconnecting some vacuum line. but I haven't been able to fix it ever since it came back. My tech guys also did a vacuum check and found no leaks so i have no clue what is the culprit. Hope you find a solution. So i can fix this annoying problem.
    Well I'm sure you've seen this Jason but here it is again. It scares me a little bit, but I want to take the simplest route possible first and replace that block.

http://www.zadefaraj.com/dashboard.htm

Those dash removal pics are nuts, don't think I could put it back together :chinese:

Although I have something similar, it sounds like there is a vacuum plug loose in the left front of the dash (RHD) I think it happened after I hit a pretty big bump but haven't really bothered to find out what's up with that yet.

OG Moderator
    I think what you want is inside the cabin, within the dash near the cabin filter and blower.

Keep us updated because other than an internal engine problem I think vacuum issues in the dash are one of the more scary problems on this car.
    1999 C230 Kompressor