Thread: Mercedes star badged

Thumbs up Mercedes star badged

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here for a minute, still have my 202 , but today some fool tried to badge my front mercedes star, it looks like they just pulled as hard as they could on the star and pulled it out.

Whoever it was is a fucking moron though as they could have easily taken the star off the spring after their handywork.. I guess you know easily the star comes off the spring once it's pulled out.

I'm sure others have been badged on here, what did you do about it? Is the flat star emblem the answer or will that just make them come back with a screwdriver and fuck the paintwork while they're at it?

Does anyone have a picture of the new star emblem parts btw? would be interested to see what the spring looks like.

Cheers.

I currently use the w204 flat hood emblem. If I remember correctly it doesnt even use a spring. It simply snaps on from the back.

The part number is: A 204 817 06
    IMO they wont bother trying to go for the badge if its so difficult to remove. The w204 flat badge fits pretty well, not completely flush, but nothing really visible. Can snap a few photos of it if you want.

p.s. I tracked down a set of Jamex Springs. I dont know if your still looking. I bought em but dont plan on using em now. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Originally posted by sensoryx
    I currently use the w204 flat hood emblem. If I remember correctly it doesnt even use a spring. It simply snaps on from the back.

The part number is: A 204 817 06
    IMO they wont bother trying to go for the badge if its so difficult to remove. The w204 flat badge fits pretty well, not completely flush, but nothing really visible. Can snap a few photos of it if you want.

p.s. I tracked down a set of Jamex Springs. I dont know if your still looking. I bought em but dont plan on using em now. If you are interested shoot me a PM.
    Hey man,

Thanks for the part number! I will probably buy the spring they busted and the flat hood emblem so I can interchange between the two.

Does anyone happen to have the spring part number for the upstanding mercedes emblem? (Update if that makes any difference)

Some pics would be cool too ! Will probably pick the parts up on Monday.

On the Jamex thing I would be interested but i'm in AU, shipping would be a bit much from canada I think

Had the star on my old 190E ripped off when it was at
    an airport parking lot. Now I just try to be very careful
    where I park, especially overnight.

They do make removable (stand up) stars. Can
    take it out when you're in East LA and put it back in when you're
    home in Beverly Hills.

That's hilarious that you say that about E. LA.

I used to live in Hollywood and as soon as I got my benz I got all sketchy about somebody ripping off my star. First thing I did when I got the car was get a flat badge.

I think I actually like it better. Says more "fun to drive" and less "I'm a luxury car."

The standup star's much more cool. The flat badge looks
    like someone left a bottlecap on your hood. I'll never put one
    on my MB.

I had some idiot pry my flat Porsche emblem off my 944 when I had it and they chipped the paint so I don't know if a badge is safer than a star, personally I'd rather replace an inexpensive star than have to repaint.

I wouldn't spend life worrying about it, it seems the star stealing fad is gone in most places so you're less likely to lose your star than in the "bad old days" when RUN-DMC and the Beastie Boys made wearing one around your neck cool.
    Click to see pics of my
    \'99 c230 Kompressor (Brilliant Silver)
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S