Originally posted by 23K
...Its been going on for some time behind the scenes...but now you've posted it there's definitely no going back^^

Im still concerned about the GT3582,when i did the maths years back that size dipped heavily into the surge zone,but weather or not you actually get it will be based on the tune,back pressure,header ID,turbine wheel and housing...not to mention the characteristics of the auto tranny....
It may pay to look into an anti-surge housing(decreases responce slightly),however it will be a gamble as if you didnt actually have surge than it does you no good.

Iv been round in circles a lot with mine,it would have been much cheaper to have got it right the first time lol,im in the middle of redoing the cooling hoses and iv just bought a new GT2860 core because i couldnt get my compressor wheel replaced without huge expense,almost cost as much as a new turbo!.

Are there plans for the header?(top or bottom mount and what material),also what size turbine housing are you planning to run with the 3582?

Cheers bro,
Paul
LOL.. oh I know it has been going on behind the scenes for SOME time indeed!! trust me.. Im not going to turn back.. I'm in 1000% on this one!
I know.. I have my doubts still on if the turbo is way to big or not.. but I honestly don't think it is too big. I've been talking to many different tuners and they have all said that it is a good turbo to use for my application.. yes a little on the large side but I will make the power I'm after.
Im still not certain as to if I am running Twin scroll or a single scroll set up. I was almost 100% sold on the twin scroll, but now I don't know if its worth the extra time, money and effort.. I don't know if I will see results with a twin scroll. so thats still up in the air and stopping me from ordering a turbo as of this moment. as soon as I decide that, the turbo will be ordered.
if its a single scroll turbo, Im looking at a GT3582R, 82mm compressor wheel, 56 tirm, .70A/R with a 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet, on the turbine side I'll be looking at a 68mm wheel, 84 trim and a .82A/R with a 3" v-band exit. and I had thought about the machine ported anti-surge housing.
if its a twin scroll set up Id be looking at basically the same numbers but a T4 divided housing.

How come you don't use a GT3076 instead? I've seen the cost of those replacement wheels!.. it really is almost the same cost as a completely new turbo! I know you have A LOT of experience with this which is why I really respect your advice and thoughts on the matter.
how come you're redoing the cooling lines?

as for the header.. Im looking to top mount, most likely out of stainless steel.. I think I will be getting a custom exhaust flange machined out of 1/2" thick SS. as for pipe diameter.. Im not sure yet.
the Turbine housing is a T3/T4.

as for waste gates (not that I need one yet!), but is there any benefit to running a redonculously large one?! say 60mm? if not then I'll run a single 44-46mm waste gate on the single scroll set up, and two 44-46mm waste gates on the twin scroll.

can you recommend a good electronic boost controller? I have seen a few that are pretty sweet.. Apexi AVC-R or the HKS EVC New turbo boost controller (45003-AK005)

BOV wise I'm going with a turbo XS type H RFL.. seems to be the loudest on the market!... so I want it!