Thread: How to clean the throttle plate ?

How to clean the throttle plate ?

hey i have a 1995 c280. i was wondering how do i clean the throttle plate? that big black intake tube that goes over the top of the engine leads to the throttle plate on the right. however, how do i remove the screw down there to access it? is there any benefit to clean it? anyone here have a guide on these parts' removal? thanks in advance

so no reply means its impossible to remove then

Just follow the bolts and unscrew it.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

thanks i checked 202tech

Easy Job

I've done this once before in 2011. I have a '95 C220. It was pretty straightforward. Take a look at the big black air intake tube, and unscrew the clips to remove it. The rubber on mine was very stiff, and a bit difficult to pull off of the throttle plate housing. I was expecting a lot of build up and gunk inside, but it actually wasn't bad at all. The most difficult part was getting the rubber air intake gasket back onto the metal throttle housing. It really had to be manhandled to get it back on and back in place. Over the years the rubber had molded to a shape that was not convenient to slip right back on securely. It would have been easier with two people to put it back on (one person to hold the rubber in place once it was forced on, another to tighten the clip around it snugly to hold it there) but I somehow managed by myself.

I was hoping to see a much improved performance etc. afterwards, but I really did not notice any difference. This could have been because it turned out not to be that dirty to begin with. My car was previously owned by an MB Dealer owner, so perhaps this task had been performed before I purchased it in 2006.

Good Luck!