Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C43 Exhaust Stage I

I want to lay my hands on a MB head so Bad I can taste it.

If I were to pull the heads off my C43 I would look at installing smaller diameter valve guides so I could use valves with a smaller diameter shaft for less weight. I would also use Ti valves if the price was not too great.

Just looking at the ports on my C43 I think they are possibly too large. It could be the reason our C43's are so sluggish in the lower rpm's.

And I do not know about the combustion chamber and if there are good areas of squish already built into the head.

Ken, you know the most important thing to do is make sure the cylinder head to piston clearance(deck ht.) is no more than 0.035".

Can you let me know what the stock deck ht. was on your C220. I am really curious on what MB is doing there and the numbers from your head will give me an idea. Also how does MB arrange their rocker arm and valve opening hardware? Can you take some pics. Include combustion chamber too please.

Is the head gasket steel or fiber crap?

Thanks,

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    Jeff,

I notice that any MB head has 'oversize' ports. That's why MB is the king of the "highway."

As far as the piston height, I ll measure it when the head is ready. I bought this use head to rebuild and I havent touch my engine just yet.

And I ll try to take picts of the cam train when they are back together.. also the chambers. I believe you call these shapes, semi hemi chamber.

Will update soon

Ken

You do not need to reassemble the head, just pics of the seperate parts in sort of an arranged order they would fit into the head would be fine. And of course a pic of the combustion chamber.

Thanks,

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    Jeff,

Wanna meet me in Vegas this weekend? I think i'd have to drive there per what we talked about over the phone.