Thread: Magnaflow Exhaust

Magnaflow Exhaust

A buddy of mine changed his exhaust to renntech and gave me a great deal on his magnaflow off his 280. Has anyone put it on their 230k? I really don't want my car to sound like a ricer and with only 4 cylinders, it's definitely a possibility. If anyone has done it, please share thoughts and/or videos.

Which magnaflow is it bro?
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

Hm my experience with magnaflow is that it is deep horse. I'm currently running the Brabus exhaust system so mine's rather higher pitched

i don't have a part number chimchong, but I've heard all magnaflows basically sound the same? I don't mind if it is a deep sound, I guess I just don't want it to be too loud.

Its deep on mine, I like it its unique

Quote Originally Posted by Mike51809 View Post
    Its deep on mine, I like it its unique
    It'd be awesome if you could post a video of it!

Alright ill take one tomorrow n see if I can figure how to post it lol

I forget which model year your C230 is but there are plenty of youtube videos of W202 C230s with Magnaflow exhausts. A few of them come from our Club202 members.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    I forget which model year your C230 is but there are plenty of youtube videos of W202 C230s with Magnaflow exhausts. A few of them come from our Club202 members.
    I've seen OCKlasse's video (i think that's how you spell it?) but his is N/A. I wonder if that makes a difference.. Then there's another one but the guy also has a cold air intake and the supercharger whine is so loud you can't even hear the exhaust. which is awesome by the way!

Mine is without cats and I have a magnaflow resonator

Anyone know of a good hi flow cat thats carb legal? If i were to put one on my car, i got an ebay muffler that sounds good too. Do you think itll change the sound? I dont like raspy, deep, or hi tone. I like the tone of subarus evos and g35s and z's and vw r32s
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

Sorry I couldn't get a video today, I put in my cai and then it poured...all day lol

Got it installed today and I must say i like it a lot. It's not too loud either when driven normally and it sounds like the supercharger is louder too. The most annoying part: as I went to the shop to pick my car up, one of the guys there parked it with the bumper on one of those cement blocks. If it wasn't for my brother noticing, I would have ripped the whole thing off when i reversed. Well, now my bumper is loose and the lip is pretty banged up. Thankfully, we got it all taken care of and they'll repaint my lip (it was a little scratched up anyway) and put the bumper back in place.

Kudos to them. Most places I know would have told me too bad so sad Haha.

I have a Magnaflow 14833, I like it alot, its deep. I am not a fan of super loud ugly sounding exhausts. Every C230K/N/A I have come across goes Magnaflow.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Kudos to them. Most places I know would have told me too bad so sad Haha.

I have a Magnaflow 14833, I like it alot, its deep. I am not a fan of super loud ugly sounding exhausts. Every C230K/N/A I have come across goes Magnaflow.
    I woulda flipped if they told me that. So painful when someone else messes something up on your car

Yeah I'm the same, Magnaflow 14833. Love it.