Thread: installed some fog lights.

installed some fog lights.

So I decided to go out on a whim and install some fog lights on my 202. I'm pretty happy with how they came out. Not bad for $20 universals from Autozone. In all honesty I wasn't really going for functionality, just apperance. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them so far. I think it makes my front end look pretty original.

I've recently put the same yellow "tint" I had on my driving lights on the fogs and they are more of a deeper yellow. Looks better.

The pics don't do them justice. I'll try to get some better pictures.

looks good. I have a project to do but with projector fogs... Ive had them mocked them but not really installed them... some unfinished project to add to my bucket list!

Thanks! and yeah projectors would look awesome!

some daytime pics.

do you have a DIY on how to hook it up? that would be awesome

Nick what kind of rims are those? they look like AMG turbines but smaller

from what car did you get those fog lights? here is my mock up of the projector fogs..

Quote Originally Posted by wichipong View Post
    from what car did you get those fog lights? here is my mock up of the projector fogs..
    They are actually universal foglights that I got at Advanced Auto Parts. They were only 20 bucks so I figured it would be worth a try to put them on.
    Those projectors look really good. I much prefer those than mine. Are they HIDs?

Quote Originally Posted by wichipong View Post
    do you have a DIY on how to hook it up? that would be awesome
    The set came with the two lights, a switch, and various wires. I wired the ground wires to the chassis, I think it was the lower rad support. Then I ran the power wire and the 'switch wire' up from the bottom of the car to where the fuse box is in the engine compartment. At that point I wanted to find a way to hook them up into the fuse box, but after various attempts I couldn't get it to work and I didn't want to short anything out. I then tried to find an open spot to run the wires into the cockpit and to the battery in the trunk. After failing to find a boot I could shove the wires into, I decided to drill a hole in the firewall in an inconspicuous spot and run the wires into the car from behind the dashboard. I installed the switch where the factory fog light switch would be. That left me with the power wire. I ran that under the carpet on the driver's side of the car and into the trunk to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    Nick what kind of rims are those? they look like AMG turbines but smaller
    They are Borbet Type LSs. I wish they were bigger. And white. lol

projectors arent HIDs... but are yellowish bulbs already... i might just hook them up to the existing fog lights...

Oh damn, I didn't even know that! lol. They should look awesome.

OG Moderator
    turned out pretty nice. they fit well in there!
    I prefer having fogs more at the corners of the bumper, more so like wichi did his. but those fogs turned out great _nick.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    turned out pretty nice. they fit well in there!
    I prefer having fogs more at the corners of the bumper, more so like wichi did his. but those fogs turned out great _nick.
    I knew fog lights typically are at the ends of the bumper, but thats what made me put them more towards the center. Kind of in line with the driving lights. Just wanted to do it a little different.
    Thanks!