Thread: Eurocharged ECU Tune: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aiming back towards the start of the thread,Its not apples with apples. I hope your not comparing NA tuning with forced?.

The reality is,any tuner with the required knowledge and equipment can up Hp by removing some of the saftey net incorperated in a stock tune,its nothing special,its piss easy if you can simply vary the PWM on the solinoids feeding the turbo's and add more fuel like on your E63. I dont think there is anyone here that wouldnt agree with this.

What people want to know is if they spend money on an ECU flash for the C43 what is the actual result?

If the result is "it felt better" people are going to question it.

If you provide drag times,dyno's or some other reference people are more likey to agree with you. its really that simple.

Excuse me,im having a rough day.
    Last edited by Pagz; 02-26-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Quote Originally Posted by Pagz View Post
    Aiming back towards the start of the thread,Its not apples with apples. I hope your not comparing NA tuning with forced?.

The reality is,any tuner with the required knowledge and equipment can up Hp by removing some of the saftey net incorperated in a stock tune,its nothing special,its piss easy if you can simply vary the PWM on the solinoids feeding the turbo's and add more fuel like on your E63. I dont think there is anyone here that wouldnt agree with this.

What people want to know is if they spend money on an ECU flash for the C43 what is the actual result?

If the result is "it felt better" people are going to question it.

If you provide drag times,dyno's or some other reference people are more likey to agree with you. its really that simple.

Excuse me,im having a rough day.
    I was comparing NA with forced, but mentioned in my previous post that they're way different and I acknowledge that. As you said, either way it's essentially the same thing, minus the boost solenoid editing. Timing, rev limiter, top speed limiter, tuning for different fuels and different mods, all the same on our engines as the 63 engines, 55 engines, or any others.
    It is true that Eurocharged at least has no actual dyno sheets or drag slips showing the gains they claim on the C43. There was a member on another forum that was going to do a pre and post dyno run with a ec tune + other mods, but it hasn't happened yet. I have been seriously thinking about getting this tune, and I will try and work out a pre and post dyno if I do. From what the op is saying though, it sounds at least somewhat successful.

Also mentioning something in an earlier thread, I also read somewhere that someone who replaced their 4.3l with the 5.4l indeed made more power with the stock, C43 ECU than they did once they switched it with mapping made for the 5.4l.