Thread: Please, I need help as I don't know?

I need help with adjustable Toe in arms specifications?

I'm now in the market for adjustable toe in arms.
    As Vetruck was kind enuff to inform all of us the good vs bad of w202 suspension.
    I need to get the exact size parts for adjustable toe in arms for my C43 AMG.
    I am not familiar with US measurment system which comes in inch.
    I know 1" is = 2.5cm.
    Therefore I need some help from the gurus on club202 forum.

Please can anyone tell me what size length the ARM I need equivalent to factory Lemförder arm?
    Please copy and paste size.
    http://www.colemanracing.com/Trailin...-34-P3753.aspx

What size rod ends, do I need?
    They have to fit factory stock bolts.
    They have to be the BEST high quality rod ends with anti rust-protection and have ANTI squeek rubbers
    Please copy and paste the correct LEFT/RIGHT threaded rod ends.
    I assume I will need: 2 left threaded rod ends and 2 right threaded rod ends.
    http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/c...loy-steel.html

Last part is the spacers.
    They need to fit factory stock bolts.
    Please copy and paste the correct size of these spacers.
    I assume I need 8 pieces of spacers?
    http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/c...alignment.html

Please make sure you describe the correct parts/sizes as I'm in europe and have to order these parts from USA.
    This information will be informative for other members too.

Many thanks for your help
    Last edited by kowalski; 06-01-2013 at 12:33 AM.

anyone?

Sorry bud, I'm sure someone will chime in soon. I'm a total dunce with suspension and steering math.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

You have any reference measurements? I would have to take mine apart to see all the sizes and Im not about to do that. I was able to figure the cambers for you from the specs on the DIY post

The tierod one from what I lookd at has a typical tie-rod (balljoint) type end on it but is fixed to the arm unlike conventional "threaded"tierod ends.

The main mystery question is: does the pont on the subframe that the tierod insert into have a tapered hole? If so, then can it safely be drilled to a consistant bore like lets say 1/2"? Then does it have adequate misaliignment angle or is it more drastic that a higher misalignment angle rodend is needed if yo make arms just like the aftermarket Camber arms.

...then you get to the lengths of the rodedns and alum tierod sleeve/tube, the knuckle slot width & bore.

Youll need alignment equipment to bump the car's rear toe and camber, caster, and toe settings through the lowered suspension travel articulation- to do this you need to completely remover the springs on both sides and then reset the chassis to static ride height. supported by jacks. then you start recording measurements in 1/2" increments drops at minimum to see what mainly the camber and toe are doing, and then the final droop to also check caster change -this part is more complicated to explain why, but it pretains to all out handling and what the car is doing in roll- this is needed later more for chassis balance, not alignment of tires in straight line travel.

I will be doing all of this when I eventually lower mine, but I am not taking anything apart right now to just looky see for kicks. I will definately have all this info within a few months, I am on major hold awaiting Koni to get off their butts and get some inventory of shocks for ours cars back on the shelves. I am not doing anything until I get shocks first.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 06-05-2013 at 07:24 AM.

thanks for taking your time writing this info.
    i think i'll wait getting the adjustable toe in arms and go with factory toe in arms as I already bought complete suspension arms.
    adjustable to in arms will have to go on to do future list.

i hope you measure all sizes on your components when you decide to do full rear suspension upgrade

thanks