Thread: Another Double din install

Another Double din install

Ordered a Pioneer double din head unit .. once the bags are installed and paint is done, ill be installing it and taking pics..
    1999 C230 Kompressor.. Built to Drive..Driven to Build

It's pretty easy just use the cage it comes with to position it and make a trim ring...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn37400375544.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	2133

hey what year is that 230 I see your interior is a lot different from mine minus the d-din and electronic relocation

C230-what kind of carbon fiber did you use for your trim?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

It's a 98 and its just 3m dinoc, I like it better than the 1080 stuff. It's probably the easiest mod there is, everyone should do it.

I think I may pull all my wood out and paint it to match the top half of the car..I did the trim in my Jeep with Kryptek Typhon.. killer.. How hard is it to pull the top wood trim off the dash?

I think that's the easiest to come off, just pry on one side then slide... It's the door panels you should worry about.
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Cool..i already have the door panels off..and my drivers front one was cracked when i got the car which was what made me think of painting them..

Quote Originally Posted by Malig8r View Post
    I think I may pull all my wood out and paint it to match the top half of the car..I did the trim in my Jeep with Kryptek Typhon.. killer.. How hard is it to pull the top wood trim off the dash?
    Buy some plastic wedges if you don't have some...it'll make your life easier

I have plastic trim tools, thanks for the info!

Nkce!!!
    That looks incredible. Very neat!
    I dont have the time/knowledge or guts to do this to my 220 w202 99 classic (uk).. im after a dd at the mo and need one of these.
    Anyone know who can make this?