Thread: Possible trans upgrade

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denlasoul View Post
    I know Russell. He is a good guy and knows his stuff. His reputationin the Seattle area is well known with people in the MB scene. Let me know if I can help out. His shop is close to me.

Thank you Den I will message him Monday. My plate is so full right now. I have to focus tomorrow on two race cars I need to get ready for opening night 3/28. Ill have a busy week, but once I get one of them out of my shop Tuesday and up to the track for perminate storage I am back to the Brabus for some TLC. I still have to finish that electric fan mod I bought a few months back prior to the accident. Then its the trans. I have a leak so I want to get to it ASAP. The car has also starter using coolant. I keep smelling coolant inside the car which makes me oh so happy. Sounds like a heater core is in order. I do not see anything wet though. I have to learn this car still- it is all new to me. Seems to be using coolant about about 1 qt every month for the last 3 months. nothing in the oil, and since I smell it inside the car I will hope to hell it is not a head gasket.

Part of the reason for this swap is I might be driving this car more in the near future. We'll see. I have an older 85 Caddy Eldorado (the Suga Caddy) I use as a daily beater that I will probably be getting rid of in the very near future. Wifey hates it.. understandably. I've been tossing her the idea of buying a 2015 cheap Jeep (A Jeap patriot) that I would drive50/50 instead of the Caddy and my truck (I drive the caddy to keep miles off my truck since I need it for work- if it's down then I am down work wise so I only really drive it days I need it- other then that its the suga caddy) problem is she hates to drive the caddy so she is driving the Brabus full time, and then we are both in it always when together also. I am putting too many miles on it. THe Jeep would be a car that would be always used even for weekend outings unless we are dressed for an evening out (then it's the Brabus) She would use the Brabus and jeep 50/50 instead of the Brabus 100% (shared use of the Jeep on days I don't use it.)...

..so, Long story short? Looks like Ill be driving the Brabus more when I go out with the boys, etc...Car events, the race track. various things without the little lady. I want it a little more respectable with a better gear range instead of the long toss between 1st and 2nd that either lags on 20mph corners, OR, I have to kick the shit outta it and hammer it down to first gear to get it to move. It is what I hate about the , especially with the weight of a few passengers. this car desperately needs a better gearbox.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 03-22-2015 at 02:10 AM.