Thread: New tranny

Angry New tranny

Best place in the bay to get new tranny? 99 c280 auto. what should i pay? any info thanks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

No way...et tu?

Might want to ask Zim at Topline. I'm sure he can give you the low-down of used tranny sources.

Nokia told me there is/was? a used MB parts shop up near Vallejo area? I forgot the name though, but that place will most likely be the closest place for a used transmission.

Did yours completely fail?

Welcome to the club of crapy mercedes trannies.
    for a bran new tranny from mercedes benz canada I paid 3600 CAD I dont know if this is any help because I am not in the states

any tranny questions just ask me I have had mine done and seen the entire procedure

Originally posted by Andrew C280
    Welcome to the club of crapy mercedes trannies.
    for a bran new tranny from mercedes benz canada I paid 3600 CAD I dont know if this is any help because I am not in the states

any tranny questions just ask me I have had mine done and seen the entire procedure
    If it makes you guys feel any better, the tranny in my C230 was replaced under warranty when my car had 49k miles (about 1k short) before the warranty expired.
    In addition to that the rear axle assembly were also changed at the same time.

Now here's the kicker, I recently bought a CLK430 with 38,000 miles. As soon as I drove it home, transmission fluid was leaking
    all over my garage floor, Good thing it's starmark(sp?) certified so it was under warranty. Unfortunately I am without the car so
    I hired a lawyer to find out what my rights are in this situation.
    Mercedes is assuring me that they will make it right for me but I'm
    so freakin' pissed off that I'm considering returning the car or
    have them buy it back from me for the price I paid for.
    As of this morning, it looks like I'll get my money back but now
    the dealership wants me to pay the daily rate of the rental car provided to me while the CLK was in their shop. I told them
    to go F@*K themselves.

I should have done the same thing although I did not buy my car from the dealer and got it for about 1/2 the price of one on there lot but the thing only had 100k there is no way a tranny should go unless you put sand in it or something

I got everyone beat. only 66,000 miles on a 99' tranny goes bye bye. no one believes it...so i turn to mercedes to seek assistance from the factory to help with the repair cuz this really should not be happening this early (low miles) 3 hours later i was still talkin with the same brick wall. answer ..... NO HELP....... mercedes can go fuck themselves...i shoulda bought a lexus... gunna be almost 4,000 for new tranny.... anyone know anybody that works for benz tat might have a lil pull...lol thouught id throw it out there..
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

dont even bother wasting you time unless your going to sue them they wont do anything unless you have a warrenty or lawyer, I think I have you beat 100000km is less than 66000 miles plus I have seen some go with even 49000km

I wrote mercedes benz head office in germany in german, mercedes benz usa and mercedes benz canada all I got was well you warrenty is up so go suck a lemon.

hey just was thinkin, if im spendin 4 g's any one know how much harder would it be to put in a manual tranny? hmmmmm... is it even possible to swap it? thanks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    hey just was thinkin, if im spendin 4 g's any one know how much harder would it be to put in a manual tranny? hmmmmm... is it even possible to swap it? thanks!
    Not that this helps you, but I gotta say now that's the club202 spirit!!