Thread: AMG Badge Placement

AMG Badge Placement

Hello All, I have a 96 C36 and am going to replace the AMG emblem on the trunk lid, which I think is the incorrect badge as it is just like the one on the engine cover (one solid piece). I have purchased a version of the emblem which matches the C36 badging (hollow background as to let the body color show through). Can someone with a C36 or C43 take a picture of the emblem with the measurements of it's placement? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

In Charge
    Some of the earlier badges have the one piece design, and it eventually evolved into the multi-piece I think you described. So the badge probably is correct.

I'd take a pic of mine, but I'm debadged.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Denlasoul is correct, I went to my Benz Dealership today and saw stock 95' C36. Stock everything, not one thing was modified and it had a one piece AMG badge on the trunk.
    cfortythreezie

OG Moderator
    95 and 96 has one piece (black background plate with "AMG" script on it) while the 97 has separate script for "A", "M" and "G"

Here is a pic of mine

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAAANUVfiDZx0yQgZVwFOnqakjlkGB!fXKdsFFyRxNjF2qjL 70GpSBrmiQ8xyO7qZkt0KYF*yOgf1p6Jp1VGLo8CKb9ytwLrpG LgiMWmZ4/Rear_resized.jpg[/img]

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Thanks everyone, for a moment I thought I was driving around in a butchered car. I personally like the hollow/separate letters as it matches the C36 better. Now if only I can get the car back from the dealer...

i think only 95's have the one piece
    my 96 has the multipiece like J's and was all stock when i got the car (older doctor had it b4 me so no mods)
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Thanks all, I have already replaced the old style badge. My car is an early production 96 (built in late 95) so it makes sense that it has the one piece style. What a difference!

I like rolling debadge better, then they dont know what hit em
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

My badge has nasty residue... nothing will work to get it off and it even took some paint with it!!