Thread: lowering car

lowering car

i was reading a post by speedybenz and he said that it is a must to loosen and then retighten the lower control arm because it even drops the car lower and does nto cause the springs to be ruined due to any irregularities i am really confused i had my h&r springs installed at a shop but i doubt that they loosend the lower control arms should i do that now? please someone help

After you lower your car the lower control arm bushing which is solid rubber will be under load during normal driving. This will cause the bushing to wear out faster.

To fix this all you need to do is loosen the lower control arm bolts which will allow the bushing to relax, or take the load and twist out of it.

But if you are happy with the drop now, you ay want to leave it alone.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

thanks for your reply any word on the cmaber arms? and ss filter? thanks again