Thread: pre '97 headlight lens replacement

Angry pre '97 headlight lens replacement

Man....I try to replace my '94 headlight lens, it's a pain in the bud To make things worse, I broke one of the plastic headlight clip while trying to snug the new lens. I still can't get those clip snugly to the lens. I hope I don't have to buy a whole headlight assembly because I am affraid air & water might get into the lens, damn I am so mad

Re: pre '97 headlight lens replacement

Originally posted by choppers_rule
    Man....I try to replace my '94 headlight lens, it's a pain in the bud To make things worse, I broke one of the plastic headlight clip while trying to snug the new lens. I still can't get those clip snugly to the lens. I hope I don't have to buy a whole headlight assembly because I am affraid air & water might get into the lens, damn I am so mad
    ouch, sorry man. I am in need of replacing my headlight lens as well...I was quoted $200-$250 total (part and labor) from my independent dealer to do the job. I will probably do it this summer sometime when I get some $$$ :-D I figure if there's a good chance of breaking the clip or parts of the assembly when doing this job, may as well let them do it.

good luck with yours!

\'94 C220 150,000 miles

I got the lens for $63.00 a piece. It should take less than an hour to replace one lens. I will have my mechanic friend help me out before I break another clips. I Guess the '97 & up are easier to replace.

where did you get the lens so cheap

i need to get some new ones as mine are getting yellowed....