Thread: Code Scanner

Code Scanner

Hey guys, can somebody tell me where is the plug on a 99 c280 where i can plug the scanner in to pull codes?? thanks! (sorry if this is a really dumb question)
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

should be front right (pax side) in the engine bay. Black plastic box down the windscreen.

Re: Code Scanner

Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    Hey guys, can somebody tell me where is the plug on a 99 c280 where i can plug the scanner in to pull codes?? thanks! (sorry if this is a really dumb question)
    Ok..its under your steering wheel and on teh right hand side you will see a little cap...flip it as it is spring loaded, and from theer you can hook up ur scanner to it...so now..go move ur driver seat back...stick ur head under ur Knee panel, and look under teh steering wheel(actully is more right under the ignition hole....) fidn it..flip it, plug it....scan it!

Sorry if my info was wrong

But as I understood I was referring to the computer socket that I've seen on my car.

C280 are different from mine or it's something different respect what I've understood.

Hi

1998K:

Your card is Euro Specs and does nos have a ODBII plug..
    \"There\'s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it\'s not about who\'s got the most bullets, it\'s about who controls the information.\"

Cosmo - Sneakers

Originally posted by adelaros
    1998K:

Your card is Euro Specs and does nos have a ODBII plug..
    Thanks for the explanation

So, what is better to have or not the OBDII?

thanks again

Do to US regulations, all cars manufactured after a certain year where order to have the ODBII interface. Like my car and your car are euro specs, ODBII is not avaliable. This is just a interface to read the ECU ( Computer). It is a lot cheaper to purchase a ODBII Software and Cables to read the computer and reset it, than purchasing the interface and software for the euro models..So ... It is better to have ODBII...
    \"There\'s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it\'s not about who\'s got the most bullets, it\'s about who controls the information.\"

Cosmo - Sneakers

Thanks again. So it's all a matter of software interface.

Nice to know.

There is a lot more data available with the 38 pin diagnostic connector. Too bad the scanners for that port start at $500 and go up fast. The OBDII port is very limited, even for ECU data.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

I agree, but ODBII is very cheap and it offers basic troubleshoting for your car..

Cosmo - Sneakers