Thread: painted door handles

painted door handles

has anyone ever painted their door handles? I've been thinking about it. Everthing is monochromatic but the handles....
    1998 C280 sport

You have to be careful painting your door handles because of chipping issues. Any body shop can paint the door handles but the hard part is painting the IR sensor since you have to block off like a 2 cm square for the sensor. Because of this, no body shop would guarantee me that they wont chip so i decided to just get factory painted door handles. email me if you want to buy a set of factory painted door handles.

In Charge
    Originally posted by Kswiss
    email me if you want to buy a set of factory painted door handles.
    You still got these? Do they have the IR cutouts? You never sent me the pics.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I've never got around to taking pictures because i'm waiting till christmas to buy a new camera for my trip to europe. But these door handles are totally factory painted as well as the ir recievers. Nothing is wrong with these door handles whatsoever. It is honestly better than having a body shop paint them and probably more cheaper in the long run. and if you want to buy them, then email me.

can you get all chrome handles, does they even make them, I thought eleg cars did, but what about the other parts that are not really the handle but their there you know what I mean, nice mod let me know how that goes

Painting the part with the IR sensor is no problem at all as the IR sensor is easy to take out...BUT no matter how well the original handles are prepared and painted...after a while the paint will chip off. The paint on mine comes off as well...after 60.000km...the paint comes off of the frontside of the handles...the side that faces the front of the car...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

so steve can u get all chrome handles?

how much do factory painted door handles cost roughly . us dollars or cnd

Originally posted by 1crzybenz
    how much do factory painted door handles cost roughly . us dollars or cnd
    Fromt he dealer I was the first in Canada to inquire on them. The numbers are now in the computer system My parts guy starts to know me and each time I bring him funky part numbers.

The price comes ot more than getting them from Steve (MbenzNL)

I think it's 250$ from Steve, Kswiss has a set for same that he paid 250$ from steve, never installed.

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    so steve can u get all chrome handles?
    no....

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

How do you take the driver side door handles off?
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms