Thread: Driver side mirror

Driver side mirror

Need help on my left side mirrors. The mirrors is yellowish in color, unlike the other side, its blue. Is this normal, or i need to have my mirror replaced? My car is a '98 model. Thanks for the help.

No, your driver side is a type of mirror that changes in different light, so its always this yellowish color.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

Originally posted by FreeStyler
    No, your driver side is a type of mirror that changes in different light, so its always this yellowish color.
    Actually when its yellow it means its broken. Its a common thing for most dealerships to tell you its normal, but its not.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Thanks for the help guys. I guess the next thing to do is either blinking mirrors, or just get a replacement mirror, but not right now.

OG Moderator
    ehhhh what about my mirror?

Just get blinking mirrors...might as well....
    BRABUS-W202

Originally posted by pnsji
    ehhhh what about my mirror?
    Why, are you selling your blinking mirrors?

Originally posted by Recaro18
    Just get blinking mirrors...might as well....
    I can't cuz I'm broke. Anyway, it was good doing business with you again and again and again . . .

you broke? hmmm...dont think so....if you are, sell your BBS LM's!!!!:silly: :silly: :silly:
    BRABUS-W202

Originally posted by Recaro18
    you broke? hmmm...dont think so....if you are, sell your BBS LM's!!!!:silly: :silly: :silly:
    Do I smell another trade? Very tempting. LM's are off the car, and in my bedroom. Let me know...

I guess my driver side mirror are also broken

I am pretty sure it is broken because right side mirror dries up nicely even during rain and I am able to tell that it is absorbing light that is from the rear....

Contrast to that...

Driver side mirror does not dry up the water on the mirror surface(I guess the heating function also broke) and it reflects light like hell!!!!

To fix this...what do I have to do???

Do I need another mirror assembly?????????

Help plz...

It's a commom problem with the reflective coating that MB used. That should be replaced but they most likely won't pay for it...

OG Moderator
    To fix this...what do I have to do???
    Do I need another mirror assembly?????????
    nope.. just buy the mirror glass, its available at the dealership.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Re: Driver side mirror

Originally posted by manong
    Need help on my left side mirrors. The mirrors is yellowish in color, unlike the other side, its blue. Is this normal, or i need to have my mirror replaced? My car is a '98 model. Thanks for the help.
    same w/ mine, I have seen others with the same problem...I'm jus going to get blinking mirrors from Steve if he has any...or if any1 one is selling theirs
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me