Thread: Oil Symbol + HI

Oil Symbol + HI

Last week I took my car for a full maintenance.. The shop change the Oil, Oil Filter , Spark Plus, Air Filter, Trans. Fluid etc.. Now I am dashboard is displaying a Oil error. It display the Oil Symbol whit the a HI next to it. Does this mean that the shop added to much oil to the reservoir? Or what?
    \"There\'s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it\'s not about who\'s got the most bullets, it\'s about who controls the information.\"

Cosmo - Sneakers

idunno

ive actually had the same message come up, where there is an oil symbol and it says hi and beeps. this was bout like 3 weeks back when the weather in jersey was like round 76 degrees and my engine was runnin at 80c. it was actually the irst time i have seen this message since i got the car(jan, when the oil was just changed) its only been 2k miles since and has 58k miles on it, its a 1999 c280. its quite odd b/c it did that/beeped like 3 times that day, and then 30 mins later it never happened. never happened since that day, i figure its a ghost.

sorry i couldnt figure out the problem, it think the temp might be high, thats the only thing i could think of.

mblova
    1999 c280
    air freshener

Well we have the same car with the same mailage on it...
    \"There\'s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it\'s not about who\'s got the most bullets, it\'s about who controls the information.\"

Cosmo - Sneakers

hahahaha whoa thats unreal dawg, uhh still dont know why, i tried checking the manual and that totally didnt help, but lets hope a club202 member can help us out.

That is supposed to mean that you have high oil level or excess oil in your engine. On the ML320's (which is virtually the same engine) there have been some posts where the oil level sensor was bad though. If it happened just after an oil change is more likely the there is too much oil on the engine (which is real bad for your engine), but when the level is known to be correct then it may be more likely to be the oil level sensor.

The first step is to check your oil level using the stick, but this should be done per the car manual instructions. If you find that there is too much oil in your engine, you should drain the excess as soon as possible.

Rene
    \'00 C280
    \'99 ML320

OG Moderator
    If you have FSS system, it will tell you exactly your oil condition, for example if you are .5 quarts lower than it is supposed to be.

This is instruction for SLK/Crossfire
    Checking Electronic Oil Level
    * Make sure the car has been shut off and on a level surface for at least 5 minutes.
    * Turn key to ON/ RUN position.
    * Wait about 10 seconds
    * You will now see an oil icon along with a clock icon
    * Press and hold the knob / button 2x and it will now display the oil level properties
    * It will display the following : OK, -1.0Q, -1.5Q, -2.0Q, H
    * OK = Oil level is ok, enjoy the rest of your day!
    * (-1.0 | -1.5 | -2.0) = Oil level is low, add the suggested amount of oil, run the car, shut it off, and check again when time allows.
    * H = Oil level is too high. Have some oil drained out of pan until it reaches the proper oil level limit. If you have just done an oil change, it is best to run the car for several minutes before checking electronically or manually. The oil filter will absorb some of the oil which could effect the readings.
    * If a clock is only displayed, it means you haven't let the car sit in the off position long enough. Wait a few minutes and try again.
    * You can also check the oil level from the dipstick located in the engine bay.

duddess it just happened again on friday may 27th. this was round 1230 ish and it was 73 degrees outside, man it just did it once too, never again for the rest of the day, never!!! it did the same beeping noise then the symbol and then the hi thats it, never did it again. werid:hmmm: