Thread: help... sticky oil like fluid

help... sticky oil like fluid

i have a 99 c230 komp, i took it out of the garage today, usualy garaged 4/5 days out of the week, but i had previously driven it this weekend and had noticed NO leak... today i park in the driveway and i saw two very small puddles that looked like very dirty oil, well i just changed my oil so i ruled that out, jack up the car and only black gunck on the bottom is near the tranny, i touched the stuff on the ground it is sticky like tree sap but looks like dirty oil... im confused, i see no leaks (visable)

this happend to anyone else? any idea (off the top of ur head) what the substance is? how to diagnose random fluid leaks?

thanks!!

alex
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

Dirty tranny fluid

If you have never changed your fluid on your tranny, it can get so dark it can no longer look red but dark brown or blackish.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

OG Moderator
    tranny fluid.. even really dirty tranny fluid is not sticky like tree sap.. so I dont know what you have on the bottom of your trans.. maybe you drove over something? as the trans pan gets hot it heats whatever in on the bottom of the pan up and it drips off??
    wont be anything from your car.. nothing in the car thats that sticky.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    tranny fluid.. even really dirty tranny fluid is not sticky like tree sap.. so I dont know what you have on the bottom of your trans.. maybe you drove over something? as the trans pan gets hot it heats whatever in on the bottom of the pan up and it drips off??
    wont be anything from your car.. nothing in the car thats that sticky.
    that's what i thought...

yeah i was under the impression that tranny fluid is "forever" with merc...

i thought i went through a tar spot or something, i havent been as careful as i shoud be, as i scraped my front bumper, for the 4th time in 2 weeks.. (RIEGER KIT!! if i really mess it up)...

thanks guyz!
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL