Thread: diff years c36

diff years c36

what is the diffrence btw the years of the c36 95 96 97? i know the 97 has the 5 speed trany? my interest is in the ecu wiring harness and the key

OG Moderator

Re: diff years c36

Originally posted by alhacker
    what is the diffrence btw the years of the c36 95 96 97? i know the 97 has the 5 speed trany? my interest is in the ecu wiring harness and the key

the only way for sure to know if 95, 96 and 97 C36 wiring harness if they are indeed different is to call your loval dealer to find out.

And I am not sure about the key, I am not sure if you could make the 97 (the flip-out key) could work on 95 or 96.
    I am assuming you like the 97 and up flip-out key right..??

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Re: Re: diff years c36

Originally posted by J Irwan
    the only way for sure to know if 95, 96 and 97 C36 wiring harness if they are indeed different is to call your loval dealer to find out.

And I am not sure about the key, I am not sure if you could make the 97 (the flip-out key) could work on 95 or 96.
    I am assuming you like the 97 and up flip-out key right..??

Regardz,
    in previous post i said that i have a c36 that is cut in half and i want to use its electrics, engine,tranny...etc to put in my car a 1997 c230... but i cant figure out what year it is a 1995 or 1996 it has the key that flips from the side. my mechanic is going to swap all the mechanical parts engine,tranny,radiator, shocks, differential transmission line and the electrition said inorder to start the car both the internal and engine bay wiring harness have to be instaled including the security computer....

Re: Re: Re: diff years c36

Originally posted by alhacker
    in previous post i said that i have a c36 that is cut in half and i want to use its electrics, engine,tranny...etc to put in my car a 1997 c230... but i cant figure out what year it is a 1995 or 1996 it has the key that flips from the side. my mechanic is going to swap all the mechanical parts engine,tranny,radiator, shocks, differential transmission line and the electrition said inorder to start the car both the internal and engine bay wiring harness have to be instaled including the security computer....
    i'm assuming we are talking about US spec cars. FWIW, my 95 C36 did not have a flip key. I think they started using them in 96 as my uncle has a 96 W202 w/ a flip key.

The "slip key" was introduced for the 1996 model year.

i have a 94 c280 with a flip out key :-s
    not sure of the relevance of this just thought id mention it.
    i presume that ur coments for the 96 flip out keys are to the amg cars?
    -Logan-